xxvi

chapter xxvi: the extra expedition

It's been a couple of days since the survey corps' arrival from their expedition

It's been a couple of days since the survey corps' arrival from their expedition. Mouths spread quickly, and whatever happened on the expedition was written on the tabloids the very next day it happened.

When the tabloids were given out, Ilse noticed a very familiar name. Her eyes widened as she sets off in the middle of the very night she got the news.

The Special Ops squad--ex-squad was granted their resignation. They swore to not talk about (Name)'s abilities and kept everything they saw confidential. The compromise went smoothly, and in four days the four of them were in a carriage leaving the Survey Corps's HQ.

"Are you guys.." Started Petra. "Scared?"

Eld and Gunther turned to look at her, while Olou kept his gaze out the window. "Of course," Gunther replied. "I think I've been fighting for too long. I need a break!" He exclaimed with a laugh, but everyone knew it was a stretch.

Petra looked down, tears about to stream down her eyes. "They were talking about how cowardly we are to leave the survey corp-"

"Don't mind them." Eld cuts her off. "We served long enough..and work for us probably will be lessened since (Name)'s there." He chuckled painfully and shook his head. "Commander Erwin said to come back anytime. I know he understands our situation."

"Speaking of (Name)," Eld continued. "It's been days since she came back. Commander Erwin and Captain Levi said she's alive right?"

Gunther chose to remain silent at the question. It wasn't a nice experience to jump back alive when your neck was literally snapped in half by some female titan. It was a weird feeling, but of course, it was scary. He couldn't imagine how (Name) must have felt to die three times, when he was already petrified to experience it once.

"She's most likely alive." Olou intervenes in the silence. "let's not forget where we first saw her."

A few seconds of silence engulfed the cart until the three of them came to a realization and snapped their head to the clueless Olou.

Olou, surprised by seeing all the heads turning to him, shivered at the horror. "Stop you look scary."

"The forest!" Petra exclaimed. "Her house!"

--

Time skip: 8 days since the expedition.

Ilse drops 5 wooden bowls on the table in annoyance. "I've been cooking for two days now." She started. "Isn't it supposed to be your turn?"

"Come on." Daryll said. "I'm taking care of (Name) here."

Ilse rolls her eyes, "you?" She turns to the other person.

"I can start cooking tomorrow," Petra answered while the three boys dig in the food Ilse made.

The Ex-Special ops squad, Daryll, and Ilse all made way outside the walls to find (Name).  Ilse talked to Daryll, asking in small hints if he knew about (Name)'s abilities. Luckily he caught on. Petra and the others approached Daryll too, asking if he knew about (Name)