xxxvii

xxxvii: to live forever

Reiner, Bertholdt and Ymir managed to escape

Reiner, Bertholdt and Ymir managed to escape. Even when Ymir's fully healed, she still couldn't find herself to escape nor do anything against the boys. "Why did you come with us?" Reiner asked.

Ymir sighed, "Well," she began. "It's because I'm an idiot. I'll be your souvenir to take back home." She broke eye contact and her eyes had no choice but to look at the stars.

The last time she remembered looking at these white specs of dust in the sky was when she regained consciousness after obtaining the power of the Jaw titan. Last time she remembered, she had hope and felt free. Little did she know back then that the last time she'll be able to look up at the stars is when she's given up. The time she realized she had to return the power.

"You guys just can't go back empty handed," she continues. "If you hadn't come to bust up this wall, I would've never woken up from that nightmare. All I'm doing is returning what I borrowed back then."

"Because I'm porbab;y the only one that understands the situation you're in."

"thank you, Ymir," Bertholdt held in his tears. "I'm so sorry."

"No," Ymir replies as she tries to reach for the moon with her hand in the air. "It wasn't so bad, you know... being a goddess for a while."

Silence engulfed the three for they all didn't know what to say. They enjoyed their final, peaceful breeze with nothing but the concrete wall below then and the sound of the night.

Until it was broken by Ymir snapping up from her back. Her eyes widened as if she remembered something. "(Name)!" She exclaimed

The two boys looked at her confused.

"If we have a glimmer of hope to turn things around, (Name) might know something! Didn't she also have the Coordinate?! She could control titans too!" Ymir's eyes had a little sparkle. Hoping that maybe all she had to do was deal with the embarrassment of her early goodbyes and still see everyone again.

"She can save us right? I'm sure she has something up her sleeve!" She lets out a laugh, but no one continues on.

She stopped to look at the two. "Do I not know something I should know?"

"She doesn't just have the coordinate." Reiner begins. "She can do much more than that." Reiner's neck tensed at the memory of when he couldn't move his body under (Name)'s command.

"She has the ability to manipulate fire, control people's minds and well, as you've seen..she can somewhat come back from the dead too."

"We don't know what else she can do but I do not trust her."

It was normal for humans to fear what they could not understand. Reiner's fear was understandable.

"Do you think.." Bertholdt asks. "Do you think she knows about Marley too?"