iii

chapter iii: her power

848

Someone's POV

I ran. I kept running. Heavy breaths was all I took. I was running while writting everything on my journal.

My name's Ilse Langnar.

I was a part of the 34th expediton. 2nd brigade, incharge of the West Column. We encountered titans upon our return.

I lost both my squad and my horse, I abandoned my broken 3D-Maneuver gear. I'll keep running. Heading North. I've lost my horse in a Titan-controlled land outside the walls.

It's impossible to escape titans on foot. Very impossible. There's no one I can rely on, I'm alone.

Survival is hopeless.

In whatever god, I may be able to return to the walls without encountering titans. But that's just, impossible.

Fear is growing inside me.

In order to fight, I must not let this thing grow in me.

This is one of the situations I've prepared myself when I joined the Survey Crops. I am in humanity's Wing's of Freedom.

I do not fear death.

As a member of the Survey Corps, I will fight until my very last breath. I have no weapons but I can still fight!

As I run, I will mark my words on this paper, to do whatever I can with all my strength.

I will NOT be defeated.

I ran on a dark open field. Treas overcast the grass and minimal sunlight entered. Even though fear was a part of me, I kept running.

I repeat, I will not be defeate—

I stopped.

Looking up, I saw a titan. Everything went slow. I knew this is going to be the last of me.

The titan gazed at me as if I'm its new meal for today. It was around 7-8 Meter, with blue eyes and blonde hair.

It attacked me but I managed to get away before it reached me. I stumbled next to a tree, and the titan looked at me.

I was now cornered. My body was shaking and everything went hazy. But this didn't stop me. I continued to write on my journal. Everything I see and everything I can observe.

Suddenly the titan stopped. It froze. I looked at it with my eyes widened, tears flowed and I couldn't seem to move away.

"That's enough now, Roshi. You're scaring the poor girl." My head slowly turned towards the voice behind me. It was a girl.

Emerging from the forest, there stood a girl in a tattered black robe. Lucky enough, her hood wasn't on and I could see every bit of facial features—I wrote them down on my journal.