xvii

chapter xvii: Annie

ZOOM!

Armin heard a loud zip of something above him. He snapped his head up, only to see a large bird fly above him in an unbelievable speed. "Is that a bird?!" He screamed as he followed it with his gaze.

Armin saw it enter the Tall tree forest and shivers crawled up his spine.

(Name) arrived in the tall tree forest. No one was there and she was first. This gave her the chance to retreat her wings back and scout the area for any additional titans.

She killed titans, but made sure to leave some for Annie's plan and the whole AOT plot—even though she knew she kind of ruined it already.

With the help of her fire ability, she burned titans and some trees burned on accident.

Once Erwin saw the forest in front, what caught his attention was the slight vision of blue fire inside it. (Name). He thought.

"Commander!" Yelled someone from his group, "some of the trees inside are burning! Should I fire a yellow flare?"

"No, we move forward!" Erwin commanded.

The guy looked at his with a look of disbelief, before clenching his haw and trusting his commander's decisions.

"We'll scout the forest then we'll take the first break." Erwin continued.

They entered the forest and the forest was indeed, lit up in blue flames. What all caught their attention was the trees. It was lit in fire, but it was not burning at all.

The fire gave them luminosity of the forest instead.

It was everyone's first time seeing a fire this color, or a fire that gave this effect. They almost put their guards down as they admired the pretty blue flame.

The blue flame gave light, which made it a lot easier for the scouting. Another set of hooves caught Erwin's and the two with him's attention. It was a black horse with a few brown spots.

"Commander, that's (Name)'s horse!"

The horse eventually made way next to Erwin's white horse, running at the same pace as him.

The two looked at Erwin, "commander—" They were cut off when a figure landed on top of the new horse.

"Heeeya Erwin!" Exclaimed (Name) as she made herself comfortable on top of her horse.

The two looked at her with widened eyes. She absolutely came out of no where.

"How was it?" Asked Erwin.

"I managed to kill of a few titans by the entrance, but I ran out of gas. So there might be a few in." (Name) replied whilst tapping her gas cannister. "I'll refill when we finish—"