xxix

chapter xxix : the ports

Petra and her team plus Ilse arrived at the location that was marked on the map Kief gave them

Petra and her team plus Ilse arrived at the location that was marked on the map Kief gave them. The blue waters caught their attention until Ilse pointed out white ships on its docks.

"Should we approach them? What if--" Petra hits Olou's shoulders that cut him off. She gave him a dead stare as if letting him know what he said was plain stupid.

"Are you kidding me?" Ilse asked unbelievably, "Those uniforms are nothing from inside the walls and you want to casually approach them? You're wired in the head wrong."

"I was just--"

"Shoosh. NO excuses. That was dumb." Eld cuts him off and looks through his pair of binoculars--which Kief provided. The 5 of them pulled their own pairs out and started to scout the area.

They noticed guns strapped around their back and one girl who had a red armband. She was walking with a cane from time to time.

They all were just watching them prior to (Name)'s request--until the said girl with an armband unexpectedly met eyes with Gunther.

He saw the split second she looked back and shock rose through her eyes. "Shit. Shit. Retreat!' he exclaimed and the others didn't bother asking why.

Not a few meters away from the docks, they heard and felt the ground shake. Someone turned into a titan. They were all too familiar with the occurrence--well maybe not Ilse.

The 5 of them tried their best to make their horses run faster for they could hear alarms and subtle titan thumps. "Gunther what did you do?!" Asked Ilse.

"How am I supposed to know she could see us?!" He added, "we were far! NO one can see that far without binoculars!"

Petra turned to look behind her, to see if any titans were running after them but she only saw the silhouette of somewhat a titan on four legs standing on top of the wall they passed by. It was stopped in its tracks as if a cat was watching its final meal run knowing it can catch up quickly.

"This is bad. Really bad."

--

Night fell and the titans around the ruined castles were walking. No one knows why, well, except for a few of our friends in the same ruined towers.  Titans were crawling up and a few soldiers who had their ODM gears tried to kill them but a few simply failed.

Connie and the others tried to look for food, things to block entryways just for one to walk up the stairs, take a nasty bite out of Reiner's arm, one to climb one of those tower holes, and for Ymir to push it off. Gutsy, am I right?

Now, they stayed on top of the tower, almost collapsing due to all the titans grabbing unto it. Looking around, they saw only Nanaba with gears and it wasn't a pleasant sight--as if any of this was from the beginning.