xxxviii

xxxviii : deeper underground

 If (Name) wanted to save everyone, she had to make sure everything went her way

The first step she took was to make sure Reiner, Bertholdt and Ymir take her side. She needed these three to continue with the original course of the story — well, somewhat the original course of the story.

She needed to use them for the Eldian's hatred. Killing the scouts and potentially killing Erwin — although that's still a plan to be thoroughly thought out. As much as (Name) doesn't want to kill Erwin, she knew his death was the most important for the course of AOT.

Armin somehow has to get the power of the Colossal Titan — which will be an easy fix with (Name)'s power.

As of now, she needed the shifters on her side. To be her little pawns in the Marleyan military, including Zeke and maybe a few more permits.

With reports declaring the possibility that Wall Rose has been breached, the citizens of Wall rose were forced to take refuge in an underground city within Wall Sina. However, with more than half the population surviving off food stockpile for emergencies, rations would last at most for a week.

Any longer than that, all people would turn on each other; stealing and killing to survive.

To stop this from happening, (Name) came up with a plan she thought of 4 years ago. An impulsive decision she didn't even know where it came from. Kief suggested it, she thought it made sense, and now they're following through.

Four clocked figures walked along the crowded alleys of the underground city. Their hoods up but made sure not to bump into strangers — well, Bertholdt tried but he was just too clumsy.

"Watch where you're going, shithead!" The old man screams at Bertholdt and he just apologizes briefly, making sure to catch up with Ymir and the rest of the people he came down here for.

Ymir nudges Reiner with her elbow, "I wasn't listening earlier. What are we doing here again?"

"Apparently, she's looking for someone." He answered.

"Can't she just use one of her tricks to find the person? We look so suspicious with these cloaks on and we're moving against the crowd."

Reiner sighs, "the underground city itself is sketchy. No one really cares about a few dumbasses walking away from food."

They continue their silent walk as follows (Name). The eerie thing about the atmosphere is when Ymir takes a look at Reiner's shadow, the opacity wouldn't be as dark since the dim reflective light hit it from every angle. But for (Name), it looked pitch black.

A devil can hide in her shadows. She thought.

Nearing a stone wall was a small pub at the corner of the city. (Name) entered and they followed suit. No one was in there except for an old man In front of the counters. "We don't have rations and we're closed." The old man spoke with little to no enthusiasm in his voice. He was just sitting on a stool with the palms of his hands  on his cheeks.