vi

chapter vi: the night of the closing ceremony

850

It's been about 11 months and you did train with the 104th Cadets

It's been about 11 months and you did train with the 104th Cadets. You tried to be as normal as you can, but being your kind of normal brought you to one of the mid ranks. You were currently in Rank 58 in all of the cadets.

The year's already 850. Training's almost over and they're about to attack again. "Pick up the pace, maggots!" You heard Keith shout.

You and the trainees were under the pouring rain while carying heavy bags. Keith had a horse but the rest of you had to carry these heavy bags by foot.

It was raining so hard that the all of them had to wear their hoods up. You look towards your right were Armin was breathing heavily. You knew he was having a hard time. You were about to say something when Keith interupted you.

"They're to heavy for you, son?! Hell, drop it and leave it in the mud!" Keith continues to insult Armin and quickened his pace. Leaving you and Armin.

"Damnit," Armin mumbles.

"Seriously?!" You almost slipped because you were surprised by Reiner. You clearly forgot that Reiner was going to show up like that.

"Oh my god!"

Reiner caught a hold of your arm while pulling it up, to attempt you to stay on your foot. "I clearly don't think the mud was that slippery . Like seriously?" He said.

You just rolled your eyes, "Geez. Thanks Reiner."

Reiner just looked away and grabbed Armin's load. "Here. Focus on staying up. We are being graded on this you know."

"Thanks, won't they punish you for helping?" Said a really tired Armin.

You turned to look at Reiner, waiting for his responce. "Yeah, if they find out. Just make the cut and we're even."

Then you turned to look at Armin. All you can see was a panting mess. You knew he was tired. Super tired. We all knew he wasn't the athletic type. He was more of the brains. The genius.

"Get a hold of yourself, buddy. You'll make it. You said and grabbed Armin's soldier softly.

It might look like a normal motivational gesture but you did something sneaky. You managed to put a slight healing spell on him.

Armin suddenly widened his eyes. He felt energy. He felt like something was moving inside his body. Armin tried to trace where it came from and his eyes lead to the hands that was on his shoulder. 'is this her effect on me? Does she really give me energy?'