xvi

chapter xvi: levi

(Name) arrived in front of Erwin's office

(Name) arrived in front of Erwin's office. She knocked a few times, before the door opened. Levi stood on the other side, "why were you late?"

(Name) laughed nervously, "I fell asleep in the mess hall." She replied, making sure to leave the part where she met Sasha for she could get in trouble sneeking in that early.

The room was slightly dimmed, since the curtains were drapped almost fully against the window—letting only a small ray of the rising sun into the room.

(Name) was surprised how the two managed not to suffocate, since there wasn't any ventilation in the room either.

Erwin sat on a chair against the desk on the further end of the room, their green capes on the desk—which made (Name) realize that she forgot her cape in her room.

"Hm?" Erwin asked when he overheard her answer. "Wasn't it uncomfortable?" Worry really evident on his face and tone.

This made (Name) blush and Levi noticed it. He rolled his eyes, locking the door after (Name) walks in.

"We know you're smitten by (Name) but you let's focus on the day ahead," he said.

Erwin just cleared his throat and (Name) laughed, "nah, the chair was OK. Thank you for worrying though, I'll get some sleep later on."

"Why were you at the mess hall anyways?" Levi asked.

"I was thinking about stuff, you know." She replied as she heaved a deep sigh, "and..more stuff."

"Rest easy, (Name)." Levi reassures. "We'll make sure everything goes as planned."

(Name)'s heart pulsed loud once, caught off guard at the kind words given by Levi. She smiled, "yeah. Thank you, Levi." She turnes to Erwin, "to you too, Erwin."

Erwin nods and slightly bows his head, "of course. Let's get talking before the day begins."

"Yes," both (Name) and Levi replies.

--

An hour later, the three left the office as they made their quick way to (Name)'s room to grab her cape. She insited on going alone (since her plan was to go inside an empty hallway and just make a new one) but the two males insisted with coming with—just to make sure she hastes since they were a bit late for the planned call time.

They practically sped to her room and once she reached her room's hallways, (Name) ran, opened the door and grabbed it quick.

The three laughed as they run through the halls toward the courtyards. (Name) and Erwin tried to hide their astonishment when they heard Levi laugh, it was a moment for the books.

All eyes turned to them when they saw the trio arrived together. They tried to act normal, as if nothing happened but their chests moved up and down and sweat was building up on their foreheads.