Let's Start Over... (America Pov)

"America peered over his mother's shoulder and saw her masterpiece of masterpieces..."

The hall was quiet. Only the soft clacking of shoes on the polished marble floor was present but I felt as if it couldn't have been any louder.
Russia was dressed in midnight navy with drops of silver and a ruby clasp wrapped around his collar. Fine embroidery lined the cuffs of his frock coat and trousers, which were cut off by a pair of black mid calf boots. Even his ushanka was made fancy somehow!

The room was fixated on the Russian's new appearance, both negatively and positively. I was no exception for I had seen my mother's work before but this was madness. Perhaps detailed so fine that it would be on par with mine. And Russia...

Let's just say, if someone were to tell me this was his long lost twin, I would definitely believe it.
He walked with grace that no one would have expected from that rough and barbaric country. Not to mention the tight-fitting clothes that contrasted his usual bulky and loose sweaters and coats that hid his outline well.

Russia was tall. Duh, Everyone could see that- hell, I'd say he's a skyscraper but I've always thought of him to be built like a box.

I was dead wrong.
He had a dancer's body. Lean, slender, fragile yet somehow powerful. His movements were smooth and refined, unlike the way he normally stumbled and trudged. He was perfect, not a single visible flaw in his visage. Well... all but one flaw.

"We tried to get him to take off his ushanka but that thing must be fused with his skull or something," Belarus grumbled as Russia walked- glided rather, over to us with a wrapped gift in hand. I nodded and placed it upon an overflowing table without lifting my eyes from him or make a sound the entire time. He gave me a slightly confused look and walked into the ballroom without a word...

We followed him into the party soon after where people began to vie for my attention. Canada and Ukraine excused themselves from the crowd and Belarus began to plan a full scale invasion on the buffet tables.

"Lovely party, Ame!"

"Happy Birthday, Ame!"

"You look awesome, dude!"

Bits of conversation floated by as I desperately attempted to squirm out of their attention. I made my way over to Aussie for help, "Bro, I think you should introduce everybody to Audrey. I'm sure they are dying to meet her."

Hearing this, my beaming brother quickly reached under the tablecloth and retrieved a gigantic scrub python.

"GUYS!!! MEET AUDREY!!!" he called. The mob that had been previously busy tailing me was now on the other side of the room, screeching about snakes and monsters or fixated on the creature; just as I had hoped. With this distraction on hand, I made my way through the other guests until I spotted him perched on the balcony looking out into the garden. Normally, I would have ignored and moved on but it was peculiar how he was acting.

So... well... I went over. Yes, irrational me at work.

He didn't seem to hear me approaching. His tricolored skin shone in the moonlight, giving him a silver aura. His usual emotionless face was nowhere to be found. Instead, it had been replaced with unmistakable sorrow. It was quite fascinating how human he looked but it only presented me with more curiosity about how he would express anything other than negativity, now that I knew he could express anything at all. Suddenly recognizing how creepily I was behaving, I decided to announce my presence.

"Ahem."

He flinched, obviously not very keen to be caught off guard.

"Oh, it's just you, " he breathed as his face returned to lifeless stone, "What is it?"