The Compromise (America POV)

It's been a week since the party fiasco and things had returned to as normal as we could manage with some help from the higher authorities. The party would have been the talk of the month if headmaster UN hadn't proclaimed the event as classified to those who attended(which was basically everyone).

I was thankful for that because I really didn't need anymore attention. People behaved normal enough but I could tell they were itching to ask me about it.

As for me? I was let off with nothing more than a slap on the wrist and fine to pay. And they tagged a stupid security official to babysit me for a week. Annoying, yes. But I honestly expected more.

Russia, on the other hand, was taken somewhere and no one had heard from him yet.

I mean, I get that hiding an Awakening is against our fundamental rules (especially one as powerful as Russia's) but still... I decided not to linger on it.

Awakening sessions reopened a week later. Mr. NATO continued to monitor the countries who had awakened and, of course, I wasn't allowed to participate.

"Sorry 'merica. Orders are orders." NATO gave me a pitying smile.

EU was the amplifier this time. I was forced to wear an Awakening Restrictor designed specifically for me to make sure I couldn't trigger and blast the whole place into smithereens.

The duels continued as I sat and watched on the sidelines. Boredom kicked in very quickly and I started to doze off.

That's when I heard screams of panic. I jumped to my feet in surprise and glanced over at the noise.

It was a case of Awakening gone very wrong.

I glanced over at NATO who was at the far end of the Coloso with the students who had already awakened.

So, instead of getting the one and only person who had a chance of helping, I turned and raced into the danger, completely forgetting about the powerless predicament I was stuck in. Y'know, like the smart and awesome guy I am.

The country was covered in wounds and blood and was laughing in insanity. Black metal daggers formed from the rocks where the country's blood spattered and began to fly at the other students who shrieked and fled for their lives.

EU was unconscious with daggers stuck all over his back. The crazed country giggled, eyes darting around for their next victim. They settled on me and I took an unconscious step back.

"YOU!" A dagger came hurling at me. Usually, I would have held out my hand and the blade would melt it into a puddle of goo. But I couldn't. BECAUSE I HAD THE RESTRICTOR ON.

I was barely able to dodge it. The country let out an annoyed whine and three more daggers flew at me. I dodged again but this time, the knives froze in midair, did a 180, and came right back to bite me in the butt. (not literally)

I moved just in time to save my life but one dug deep into my calf. I hissed in pain as blood began to gush from the wound.

The attacker yelped in delight and skipped towards me. I struggled, trying to pry the restrictor off but no luck. She stopped a few meters away from me, with a gloating expression plastered over her face.

"Bye bye America." A final dagger was pointed at my heart, one I knew I couldn't dodge.

I smiled sadly. It's been a while since someone made an attempt on my life. Can't say I miss it. The blade launched into the air, and flew to pierce it's target.