Shadow Dance/Strife In the Dead of Night: FIVE

(SORRY FOR DYING ALL OF A SUDDEN!!!)

(This is a two in one chapter, so it's gonna be far longer than usual. You don't have to read it all in one go if it's overwhelming.)

I've been feeling very lost lately, especially on the direction I want this book to take. Especially with the events happening irl, I was unsure if I would continue.

I've taken a bit of time to reassess my plans and I'm just too invested to stop. If you have any concerns or questions, or if you feel like I'm doing something wrong, feel free to message me about it.)

ENOUGH RAMBLING! Let's get right into it!
(and thank you for 200k reads)

(NOBODY POV)

Everyone who walked by the Coloso that afternoon would look over and wonder what the hell was going on as the stadium walls trembled every so often. Usually, they would have gotten seats during the lunch break to watch the contestants train but not today.

"I don't want an audience today," America had declared, "What happens here stays here. The fewer people, the better."

People thought it was an odd decision but if they saw it, they would have understood. For the next hour or two, the Superpower was continuously tossed into the air, only to be shot right down by Poland. Not even 20 minutes had passed when the newly paved stone platform began to crack.

"You gotta stop letting me get you from behind," Poland scolded as he brandished his spear, "On your feet! Again!"

Germany raised his hand and Kerberos (now merged into a three-headed hound) crouched in preparation. It leapt towards America in a flash and throttled him into the sky where he attempted to right himself but Poland was already there.

"You're flailing too much! Recover faster!"

Russia winced as America rocketed back into the ground. This was hard to watch, even for him.

"Poland's not pulling any punches huh," Germany remarked as he looked away, "He's sounding just like a drill sergeant."

"I'm sure NATO would be proud."

"Mhm."

Despite not having dodged a single attack in the air during the entire hour, there were subtle improvements that only Poland noticed while he was airborne. He wasn't really blocking, but he was shifting his position ever so slightly to minimize the damage from Poland's attacks. Perhaps it was instinct? He wasn't sure but it was why he was still able to get up after being beaten down.

"Again!" he agreed.

By the time the chimes rang, America was so tired that he could barely stand. Poland was also out of energy and his wings flickered violently before disappearing.

"I'm sweating buckets over here," he panted as he flopped onto the stone bench, "How do you guys keep up with him? It's like he never stops."

"We don't," Germany grinned as Russia summoned a slight breeze to cool them off, parting the dusty gray clouds. The air glimmered like diamonds in the thread of sunlight.

(NASA POV)

The air buzzed violently and every hair on my body jolted up. With a swipe of my hand, a rift appeared above our heads just in time to swallow another bolt of lightning.