The Very First Failure (Nobody POV)

Nobody (POV)

By now, the news of Russia and America's partnership had spread all throughout the school and beyond. As for the CAS, the Discovery was coming to a close and many students returned to their normal studies, bitter and disappointed.

The other lucky individuals were worked to death with many separate instructors to push their limits, focus on their strengths and diminish their weaknesses.

"How was my time?" Poland rasped breathlessly as he flopped onto the ground with a fistful of sand.

"2 minutes and 4 seconds. You're getting better but let's aim for under 2 minutes next time." encouraged the instructor. Poland groaned under his breath as he hobbled to his feet and prepared himself for another 200 km flight to the beach and back...

"Block!" another yelled as he threw a punch at Germany, "You rely on your Awakening for long ranged attacks! But what happens after huh?"

Germany spat a bit of blood onto the ground as he watched and dodged his instructor's blows. There was no way he could win against that guy in pure fist to fist combat. He was just too inexperienced. But he knew that it was a major weakness he needed to overcome.

"Now if only it hurt a little less," he grumbled.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Crystal chimes rang over the Academy and signaled the end of the period and the end of hellish training for the Awakeners.

Germany lay crumpled on the cold hard floor covered in bruises. South Korea clutched his soundless throat and his ringing head. Poland wobbled behind a pillar to throw up.

"Lovely." NATO smirked.

America, Russia and NATO stood at the entrance of the Coloso and all the instructors stood at attention. NATO waved and dismissed them.

America fidgeted with the slim gold cuffs that circled his wrists and then shoved his hands into his pockets.

"Kay, so remind me again why we chose lunchtime to train?"

Russia and NATO decided to ignore his whining. Instead NATO scanned the arena and frowned,

"Where is NASA? Wasn't she supposed to meet us here?"

At these words, an agent stepped forward, "Unfortunately, due to some unexpected matters, her skills were needed elsewhere. You will just have to do it without her."

After a quick but thorough warmup, NATO began the very first session. Some students even decided to bring their lunches down to the Coloso to watch.

The session began with some hand to hand combat to get their adrenaline pumping and after a bit of beating and bruising, NATO gave Ame the signal to fire up his Awakening. The gold cuffs clattered to the ground along with his sunglasses and thundering waves of heat began to emit from the Superpower.

It was as if he was pulling the sunbeams into himself and he radiated glorious light. NATO nodded and addressed Russia, "The first thing you must do is find your trigger. Some have special incantations and or rituals. Others must experience a certain feeling or consume something. But the best trigger is something that can be done instantly and easily. For example, America's trigger is by simply willing it to happen. Though he does like to open his third eye for pizzazz."