The Special Trial For a Special Case

"Agent 10 at your service," he bowed, "but call me Five Eyes, or Five for short."

.

.

.

(Russia POV)

America's face immediately lit up, "Mr. Fifteen!" he chirped giddily as he jumped up to claim his high-five, "I haven't seen you in three years!"

Five laughed, "I know right? I've been stationed on Earth for what seems like forever now! I'm starting to believe that HQ has forgotten about me."

He turned his attention to me next, "Sorry about that, we got carried away..."

"I'm used to it by now," I shrugged, knowing that Ame had ties everywhere. Five's sunny expression suddenly darkened a bit as he became more perspicacious.

"So I see that NATO wasn't exaggerating at all. You really are..." he trailed off. America suddenly stiffened with a clear warning written on his face.

"HELLA TALL!" Five laughed lightheartedly, "Seriously, what do you eat in the morning?!"

"I know right?" America joined in with his usual vivacious self. Had I only imagined the cautionary glare?

No. They had something to hide of course.

We began our training with the usual hand combat drills. America was agile and his movements were quick and erratic which made him almost impossible to read. But I was not too bothered by that and managed to block and counterattack successfully.

Five nodded as we sat down for our short break.

"Nicely done! I see that NATO trained his brutal strength into you, huh Ame. And Russia... I don't think I've ever seen anyone move so fluently! Where did you learn that?"

I bit my lip as I tried to remember but, unsurprisingly, nothing came to me.

"I don't know. It just started to come naturally to me after a few fights."

"Fascinating..." he murmured to himself, "Well I'm not gonna discourage it. It's working well for you."

Something about his remarks finally clicked into place.

"Sir? Are you a spy?"

He tilted his head a bit, "What makes you think that?"

"Well... you are very perceptive, sometimes eerily so. And you are stationed on Earth doing solo missions so I assumed... sorry."

"No no no! You're absolutely correct." he smiled gently, "I'm the Head of the Intelligence and Communication Corp. But office work is not my cup of tea so I'd much rather stay in the field doing all the dirty work."

America smirked, "So you're here on NATO's behalf, to keep an "eye" on us?"

"That's right. The real me is still somewhere in the west, I think it was El Salvador, to monitor situations over there ever since his... demise."

Now I was confused, "The... real you?"

"On yeah! I forgot to tell you didn't I?" he tapped his lips thoughtfully, "Let's just say, I have a very unique cloning Awakening that gives me the edge in espionage."