The Underground Blues

Challenge Details:

1. Location: The second event will take place in the Underground Labyrinth beneath the Colosseum. Each individual will be starting in a different, undisclosed location and will not be permitted to move until the starting signal is given. Once the event has begun, exiting the premises will result in immediate disqualification unless instructed otherwise.

2. Objectives: Every individual will receive a secret objective, only visible to the individual. Individuals will be given one of three objective Alliances:

Blue Objectives (Read more)/Red Objectives(Read more)/Neutral Objectives(Read more)

Mission difficulties will vary based on current individual point scores. Completed objectives will earn individual points, based on completion efficiency, difficulty, and other factors. Completed objectives will also earn objective Alliance points based on your predetermined value. (Read more)

At the end of the event, the team that completes all objectives first/ or the team with the most objective Alliance points/ or achieving a total of 10 000 team points will get an automatic bonus in individual points. This bonus may only be triggered once per game.

[You are currently worth: 1 100 Alliance points]

4. Awakening Restrictions: Usage of Awakenings shall be monitored. You are not permitted to purposefully manipulate, damage, or destroy the labyrinth in any way shape, or form. Excessive violence and disregard for others will result in immediate disqualification. Consider your safety and the safety of others before using your Awakenings. Limited medical assistance will be provided.

Duration: The game will begin at 18 00 and will terminate at 21 00. Time remaining: 2h 59 m

"Good luck, dear contestant."

(Exit Challenge Details)

(GERMANY POV)

Through the silence of the maze, occasional but rapid footsteps could be heard thundering down the winding stone halls as players rushed out of their starting cells. My own strides pounded heavily in my ears, along with the half-baked plan I had come up with as I approached the end of the dim, connecting hallway.

It was better than nothing, but rarely did I feel so unprepared like this. There were just too many unknowns, too many what-ifs that knawed on my perfectionist brain. It felt akin to being stripped naked and left out in the open, though perhaps that was a little dramatic, but the atmosphere was definitely tenser than usual.

Was it just the chasmic ambiance, or perhaps the fact that this event decided if I could stay in the Tournament?

In any case, it was just unpleasant. I didn't even have someone to talk with and fill the silence.

For the first little while, winding, never-ending tunnels flashed through my peripheral vision as I ran for what felt like forever, only stopping occasionally to take short breaks and glance up at the gleaming broadcast that glowered from above. Little snapshots of other players flickered across its holographic surface like dancing electric sparks, never stationary and never dull, but Olympia and COE's usual live commentary was nowhere to be found. In its place, was a flashing, "NO SIGNAL" sign.