The Last Gate To Earth (NATO POV)

My rapid footsteps echoed through the glistening white halls of the United Nations Headquarters as I raced to the Crossing Control Chamber. Red lights flashed overhead as all security measures began to close down the facility right before my eyes. Agents rushed through the corridors to carry out a multitude of tasks without a second to spare. After a few twists and turns, we finally made it to a door guarded by two menacing agents. I quickly retrieved my identification and they stepped aside to let me in.

NASA stood at the Gate as she began to run her emergency protocol codes and a sweep of the system. UN stood with a group of guards and gave commands to do a thorough sweep of the facility and the area within the 50 kilometer radius. His face was nothing but rage.

"First the attacks and now the Gates?!" he fumed, "This is terrible."

A sudden blip sounded from behind them as red symbols and messages began to pop up all over NASA's screen which prompted a not-very-nice word from her. She beckoned her team into motion.

"That can't be good," I grumbled. UN motioned for a report.

"It's even worse than I thought," NASA began, " All lines have been completely sealed off from the inside but the Gates will still allow otherworldly beings in. I've managed to interrupt the complete corruption process but this will still take at least a week to fix. Even then, it will only be barely functional."

"So we are trapped in here and we'll have no control of who can enter Aliaterra," I mused, "Sounds like a perfect recipe for disaster."

A low growl emitted from UN as he paced back and forth, "Make the repairs your very first priority. We must fix this at once!"

"That goes without saying." NASA agreed. Silence followed as giant cables and machines were brought and hooked with the gate. 

I turned to remind UN about the other part of the problem.

"Sir, what should we do with the humans then? It will undoubtedly cause a ruckus if a giant swirling hole appeared at the foot of the Statue of Liberty or anywhere else."

"Currently all our connections have been cut. Even our links to national leaders have been interfered with. There is nothing we can do."

I glanced over to the dim frame of the once-powerful doorway between worlds. They had been destroyed right under our noses.

"Shall I call up a complete emergency shutdown of Aliaterra? Surely something of this magnitude will warrant-" I suggested.

UN shook his head, "That would not help in the slightest. Perhaps we'd be playing into their hands by spreading panic."