Things Won't Go Wrong. Right? (Canada POV)

A good three hours had gone by and the party was beginning to calm down. Ukraine and I were dancing to the soft slow music but a million questions buzzed in my head.

I still couldn't believe what America showed me a while ago. Apparently Russia smiled and America immediately whipped out his phone and snapped a picture which earned him another strangling. At the moment, Russia was nowhere to be found and America was still goggling at the picture. Ukraine caught my expression and smiled.

"You know... Russia used to look like that all the time. Now he rarely makes any expressions other than disdain."

"Such a pity," she sighed, " I miss how he was like when we were younger."

"When you were younger? Care to elaborate?" I asked.

"Well, he was gentle, caring, and smiled 24/7. In the springtime, he would take us to a flower field and teach us how to make flower crowns. In the late summer, He would harvest wheat and help us make bread whenever we got the chance. In the autumn, he would go and hunt and we would skin and cook what he brought back. He was an amazing hunter. In the winter, he would give us all the woolen blankets and clothes, often leaving himself in the cold.

One year, half our shack we called home was whipped away from a blizzard and Russia gave us the bed. The next morning... we found him halfway to heaven in the snow a-and...."

I looked down and saw tears dripping down her face. I pulled her closer as she cried into my chest.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to make you cry. He sounds like the best brother anyone could ever ask for."

"He is... that's why I hate when I hear other people talking shit about him! I'm surprised I haven't punched anyone yet!" she sobbed, " And every time he gets into a fight, he ends up hurt and- I-I want it to stop!"

I stared at the ceiling, trying to imagine Russia dying but nothing came.

"Russia has suffered a lot hasn't he," I asked. Ukraine nodded, " But that's what makes him so special. You know what they say, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. And with what he has gone through, he is not gonna let anyone break him."

Ukraine stared at me with her enchanting green eyes. I chuckled.

"Just ask America. He'll tell you. He has also suffered in the past, but look at where he is now."

"He's sitting at a table, unable to peel his eyeballs off Russia's face," she joked as she wiped away her last tears.

We both laughed and my concern was cured.

Ukraine was back to normal. Mission accomplished.

"Thanks Nada. You have no idea how long I've been holding it in. It feels good to get it out of my system. I really appreciate you being here to listen."

"Anytime."

It was just a little past midnight. Mom and dad had gone upstairs and were sleeping peacefully in their rooms. The afterparty had moved downstairs into the basement. America, Spain and Japan were screaming karaoke songs . South Korea made it a little more bearable by auto-tuning it before releasing it into the room. People were laughing and playing and drinking. A few drunk countries were trying to flirt with the girls but were failing miserably. Russia was still nowhere to be found. Ukraine walked over with two cans of root beer. She handed me one.

"Thanks," I said catching the can and popping it open, "Oh by the way, have you seen Russia?"

She shook her head. "I'm a little worried. How long has he been missing?"