A Thing of the Past

"Hold up for a moment!" another voice called from behind them and AU's smiling face went rigid. A man with silver hair and a black blindfold stepped out of a shadowy fold of the building and strolled up to them.

"Do you have room for one more, Germany the tour guide?" he joked as he ducked to avoid a fist in the face from the lady, "I haven't been in there for ages and would probably need some help navigating."

(GERMANY POV)

"Five, what are you doing here?!" African Union spat venomously which made the man take a few steps back, "From what I've heard, you should be on Earth infiltrating enemy territories."

He brushed his sterling locks out of his face to reveal a glowing symbol of an eye on the blindfold, marking him as another clone.

"Yeah but I'm here on UN's orders," he stated, "Right now, four students from the Academy were targeted, one lies dead so I'm here to do some investigating and monitor the situation. That includes watching you."

Before AU could open her mouth again, he waved us forward, "How 'bout we start the tour? I'm getting a bit chilly in this winter air so let's go inside."

But before we got too far, I decided to ask this newcomer my initial question.

"Uh sir?"

"Hm? What's up?"

"Who exactly are you?"

A moment of silence rang between us before AU burst into laughter again. His face twitched a bit before he gave a small, slightly miffed chuckle.

"Of course, I forgot to introduce myself properly," he groaned to himself, "The name's FVEY but most call me Five. I'm a worker from HQ here to observe how things are going on behalf of UN. Pay me no mind."

I had finished showing them most of the Academy and as we made our way back to the main hall, we heard an uproar erupt from one of the connected halls. AU and Five nodded to me and we made our way over to see what was going on.

"Sorry, excuse us," I said politely as I pushed past a few students who were standing near the opening of the hall, also wanting to see the commotion.

Russia sat against the wall of the hall, surrounded by a group of students who looked a bit tipsy. A confrontation had probably occurred between them but right now, their attention was on the scorched black stain on the floor in front of them.

"Back off, America," Russia sighed as he got back onto his feet, "It's fine, let them go."

The Superpower, with his hand aglow, lowered his arm hesitantly as he glared at the drunk students who were flipping him off. He had fired off a warning shot and it looked as if he was ready to make good on that threat. Luckily, Five was there to stop him before those idiots were blown to smithereens.

"Oi, chillax," he warned, "We'll let the Acting Headmaster take care of the punishments, okay?"

America snapped out of his baleful daze the moment he saw Five and his hand returned to normal.

"Hey Five. Didn't know you were here."

"Yup! I guess you could say I missed you two. Last time I didn't even get to say a proper goodbye," he chuckled, "With me getting stabbed to death and all that. I see you've pretty much gotten the hang of the Partial Awakening!"