Waiting for Explainations

Sitting in a quiet and peaceful neighborhood, the staff of a quaint little hospital were getting ready for another tranquil night. There were a couple of calls for assistance but nothing out of the ordinary. At least that's what they thought until a group of unusual guests had rushed in.

For many of the people there, it was the first time they had come face to face with a countryhuman, let alone admit one into their care. As he was taken to the examination room, the rest of the bunch seemed just as restless as the startled nurses and doctors.

Britain paced around the room nonstop while muttering furiously to himself. France was following by his side, doing her best to comfort him while glancing at the doors every so often. Canada, Australia and New Zealand sat stiffly in the chairs, not wanting to draw their father's attention in any way while America stood facing the corner of the room, staying eerily silent.

(CANADA POV)

It had been a full ten minutes since America had last moved which either meant that he was seriously contemplating something or he was dead. I decided to walk over to see which one it was.

"Hey Ame? Are you okay there?" I squeaked nervously as I placed my hand on his shoulder to turn him around and face me. When I saw his expression, I couldn't help but stumble back.

Yep. He was dead. Totally dead.

"I-I-I," he quivered with a dead-eyed stare, "What the fuck came over me- what the fuck made me think that that was a good idea-"

I grabbed his arm to stop him from turning back to the corner, "Woah woah woah slow down buddy!" Poor America looked as stiff as stone and he continued to quietly mutter incoherently.

"Start from the top. What did you do?" I asked as I guided him to the nearby chairs. When we had rushed out into the night, we had found them at the park with America panicking over an unconscious Russia who was steaming red. After that, we quickly rushed him to the nearest hospital but what came before was unclear.

America hunched forward and buried his face in his hands, "I- I don't know what I was thinking-"

"What? What did you do?!" I practically screamed as a bead of sweat rolled down my face.

"I... "

"You...? Go on... "

He lifted his face and absolute chills ran up my spine. He looked mortified.

"I... KISSED HIM!"

The room went silent and all eyes turned to stare at him. In response, his face turned red and he lit on fire with a 'whoomph'. It was a rather annoying habit of his but it made him extremely easy to tell when he was flustered.

"Are you serious?" Britain demanded as he marched over with a mixture of confusion, fury, and interest displayed on his face, "You... kissed him?

Unfortunately, America had decided to reveal nothing more and continued with his mumbling. Britain returned to his pacing but now had new things to grumble about and the staff, who had overheard, did us a favour and pretended like nothing had happened. This incredibly awkward scene continued for another while.

"So... was it like... a cheek thing or..." New Zealand whispered.

"Naw man. I bet it was french." Aussie sniffled through his giggles which earned him a smack on the head from France.