Weekend (Canada POV)

I woke up to a beautiful Saturday morning. The sun was shining but it was not hot. Maybe I could invite Ukraine to a picnic or something. It would be a shame to waste such a beautiful day.

I quickly got dressed, pulling on a light hoodie and brushed my teeth. I grabbed a sandwich from my countertop and made my way to the girls dorm area. On my way there, I received a few odd glances and snickers.

"Weird," I thought.

I made it to Ukraine's room and knocked quietly. A few moments later she opened the door, dressed in a simple t-shirt and pajama pants. Her hair was a little messy, so I guessed she had just gotten out of bed.

I panicked.

" Oh my god, I'm so sorry! Did I wake you?"

She just yawned.

" Ya. But don't worry about it. I'd have to get up sooner or later right?"

She looked at me, then smirked. "Nice hoodie by the way. I didn't know you had a thing for... that," she chuckled. My puzzled expression only made her laugh even harder.

Still unaware of what she was cracking up about, I cautiously looked down.
Maybe I had worn my hoodie inside out? Or did it have a stain on it?

No. It was much worse.

I was wearing a black hoodie with the bright orange words "PornHub" printed on the front. I stood there gawking at myself like an idiot. My face was on fire.
"NONONO!!! IT'S NOT WHAT YOU THINK!!! I-I CAN EXPLAIN!!!" I sputtered. Oh god. I felt like a bumbling fool. No wonder people were looking at me strangely! They must think I'm a pervert now! Ukraine, on the other hand, was laughing her head off.

You see, this hoodie was a birthday gift from my older brother. Well technically he is my younger brother but he denies it and says I'm too much of a baby to be older than him. At that time, I was still quite innocent. I fell in love with the hoodie without knowing what the words printed on the front meant. After wearing it for a while, I started to notice that others were keeping their distance and Vatican City kept waving his cross at me. So I decided to search up the words I had neglected for so long.

Oh. My. Poor. Innocent. Eyes. My brother laughed at me nonstop for a week when I asked him if he knew about this.

...............................................................

I met up with her again at the bus stop just outside the school after a quick change of clothes. She smiled at me, "Nice day, isn't it?"

"Yeah," I nodded, "Really nice. Isn't it usually cloudy around this season?"

"Strange, isn't it?"

We sat in silence for the remainder of the time, but it wasn't awkward. It was more of a playful silence, like we were daring the other to break it.

Obviously, I lost.

"Sooooooo... where do you want to go?" I asked with a sigh of defeat. Ukraine's small and suppressed smirk grew into a triumphant grin, "I'm in the mood for a cup at the cafe down at the waterfront. Y'know, the one that gives out free honey scones."

I made a mental note of that, "Waterfront cafe. Got it. Next?"

She bit her lip, which meant she was thinking hard, and shook her head, "How about we take turns? I picked the cafe for the first stop. You pick the next one."

"Fine," I wracked my brain, "How about the... uh, clothes store? I need to pick up some stuff for my father anyways."

I glanced at her to see if she approved, but as soon as I did, I knew I had made a mistake. She was just glowing with happiness.