The CAS (Germany POV)

It has been two weeks since school first began. People have settled down and things have been fairly normal. Not much has changed since last year and I don't expect it to. The only big difference is the curriculum and school activities. The most notable and most anticipated is the CAS. The Country Awakening Sessions.

This program was very important for it would decide our futures and where we would be able to stand on the world stage. As second-years, we countries have reached the 17 year mark, which is the average Awakening age. This means we are eligible to begin. After two weeks of chatter and impatience, the day had finally come.

"All right everyone! Please settle down! Professor EU will be arriving any moment now!" I announced to the even-rowdier-than-usual class.

"C'mon Ger! Don't be such a stick in the mud! At least look a bit more excited!" they called back. I huffed and turned to Poland with pleading eyes.

"It's fine Germany. Mr. EU can make them shut up immediately. Nice try though." he laughed, "besides, this is the opportunity everyone has been waiting for. Think of all the things we could do with an Awakening!"

I gave up and walked back to my spot and sat down. The class laughed and began to chant "Cheer Up Ger-money!"

I groaned at the nickname Mr. EU had given me. A throbbing headache was beginning to form from the ruckus. But if only they knew how I really felt.

On the outside, I was as calm and collected as ever but in reality, I was probably more anxious about the Awakening Sessions than anybody else.

Poland was right. Having an Awakening could change everything. And that was basically why I was so dead set on discovering mine. You see, I wasn't the strongest guy, nor was I skilled in combat. I was smart. Yes but that could only get you so far. But if you were to gain an Awakening, even if it was a weak one, the strongest, most skilled fighter wouldn't be able to beat you. That is the advantage I needed...

...if I were to take down Russia.

My thoughts were quickly interrupted by Mr. EU as he walked into the room. All chattering vanished in an instant since his presence seemed to command for silence. He scanned the room to make sure he had everyone's undivided attention. Once he was satisfied he smiled and began.

"Good afternoon class."

"Good afternoon Professor EU," the class replied.

"As you all probably know, today's period will be a little different than usual. You all should have received a notice about our new program, yes?"

He paused to acknowledge us. We all nodded as a response and he continued, "In case you have forgotten or, for whatever reason, did not take the time to read the information, our Academy is ranked number one in the CAS program. We have been the most successful in raising powerful Awakeners. I'm sure you have heard about some of them. And we are determined to hold that title. We expect each and every one of you to work hard and make us proud. Now as you know, this program is divided into three stages. Would anyone wish to explain them?"

The class remained silent, no one made the move to answer. I did what I had to.

"Germany! Excellent. Go ahead and enlighten us."

"The Country Awakening Session is separated into the Discovery, The Training and the Rankings. The Discovery is the first and foremost trial one must pass in order to proceed to the next two sessions. The Discovery is designed to prepare and Awaken our core abilities. Then comes the Training. Awakeners will learn how to control and manipulate their powers to reach their highest potential. It also prepares them for the final stage, the Rankings, where Awakeners are pitted against one another in tournaments from all over the world to determine where they are placed in ranks. It is a tournament held once every four years and our Academy has had many very successful Awakeners make it into the World Stage."