Chapter forty eight

"Feeding the ducks is fun and all but I rather throw ball with mister giant over here"my brother said sounding bored.

I looked down at him and saw him looking back at me through the corner of his eyes. He didn't want to hurt my feelings but he didn't know any other way to say that he was bored feeding the ducks.

Living with Elizabeth, I guess he does it so often that it gets boring.

I bit my lips to stop my laughter and glanced at my mates whose lips was twitching.

"He is rather tall isn't he?"I asked conversationally.

"That or we are just short"my brother replied then furrowed his brow.

He glanced up at me looking worried.

"I'm not gonna to stop growing when I reach your height right?"

He looked up at me expectingly.

"I-" can admit I had no idea what to say. I just blinked down at him.

"I'm almost at your height and no offence but I don't wanna be your height forever. That would like suck"he continued talking when I didn't say anything.

I'm not going to take offence of that. Nope.

"I'm not that short"I grumbled, taking offence.

"Yeah you are"he said almost dismissive as if there was no room to argue about it. It was just a fact and I should just accept it.

"I'm taller than you"I pointed out ecstatically.

"Well yeah"he said dryly, not sounding impressed "I'm only seven"

"So" the best retort for when you have nothing else to say.

I was aware that I was arguing with a seven year old about the most stupidest thing but.

"So"he dragged the word, mocking me. "I have an excuse, what's yours?"

My mouth dropped open, especially when he walked off like he wasn't interested in arguing with me anymore.

Cameron couldn't hold in his laughter anymore, he throw his head back and laughed.

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I'm not that short"I retorted sulkily in his chest when he pulled me in.

"Of course not babe"he said wrapping his arms around me and planted a kiss on my head.

"You're so tall, I have to go on my tips to kiss you"he said in a teasing voice.

I pushed him not appreciating him mocking me.

"Jackass"I smiled at him to take away any harshness out of the word.

"But you love me"

"Mhhmm that's really debatable right about now"I said teasing him.

"Bet I could resurrect that tonight"he whispered low only for my ears. "Bet I can make you scream how much you love me"

My mouth went dry as the images of the possibility of tonight played into my mind. I knew I was blushing, I could feel the heat rising from my neck to my face.

He kissed me neck and I couldn't help it, I shivered and he caught that if the smirk painted on his lips said anything else.

"I hate you"I mouthed and walked towards my brother who was now hand feeding the ducks.

I heard his chuckle behind me and I flicked him off, and pretended to wave when Max looked back, giving us a strange look.

He tilt his head to the side.