Chapter fifteen

Enzo and I brought nerf guns yesterday after we saw an advert. We were watching peppa pig. Don't judge us, we ran out of things to watch and after we went on that channel...we lost the remote so we couldn't change it. Anyways when the advert for the nerf guns came on, Enzo and I snapped our head to face each other. We were both thinking the same thing so we got dressed and purchased three. Enzo took one home and said he wanted to upgrade it and make it cooler.

Why am I'm suddenly talking about nerf guns? Well thanks for asking. I'm going to have a nerf gun fight with Cameron Lee Mitchell. I now know his middle name, it's the same as he's grandad middle name.

I found out that Cameron owns a share of a mechanic shop. I work as I mechanic, I know how to fix cars. I'm like the car whisperer. Joe told me and he never gives compliments so it must be true. I work as a mechanic for like four years, I have an experience. I heard that they are beginning to be really busy and need more workers so hiring me would fix their problem.

So that's why I throwing a nerf gun, identical to mine of his lap. He is on the couch, wearing his red basketball shorts and a white vest. His feet is bare. He's laying down and has one arm tucked behind his head and his feet are crossed together. He looks comfortable. Peaceful. I'm going to ruin that.

"Ow. Ry what the hell!"he almost yells out.

"Here is how it's going to go. You get 32 shot, you get 10 on me you win. If I get one of you, I win"

"How is that even fair!"

"Shh. If I win. I get to work with you at the redwood mechanic shop. If you win I won't even mention it again"

"You want to go on a nerf gun war with me over a job?"

"Dude are you not hearing what I am saying?"

"First of all don't call me dude"he says seriously taking me back for a sec.

"Why not?"I quiz.

"You calling me dude implies we are buddies"

I feel a ping of hurt touch my chest. I thought we were becoming friends.

"And are we not?"

"I'm trying to get in your pants"he jokes.

I get a throw pillow and slap in on his face. He laughs and takes the pillow from my hands.

"I'm serious Cam. I'm bored. You need a mechanic. I'm a good mechanic" I whine.

"It's a dangerous job, I don't want you doing it so I'm going to have to pass"

He's so overprotective I hate it.

"I have been doing it for almost four years. I'm good at it. Joe even calls me car whispers"I plea.

He stares at me couple of seconds and I manage to get my puppy eyes out to make his answer what I want to hear.

"Alright. We will play your game. I win, I don't wanna hear about it again."I almost jump in glee. "What are the rules"

"You have to get 10 shots in to win. And I get one"

"Ry how is that even fair"he throws his hands up.

"You're a wolf. You have senses I don't."I argue.

"So I can use my senses?"

"No! That's like cheating"

"Did you structure this game so you could win?"

Maybe but I won't never admit to that so I shook my head.

"you're a giant and I'm tiny"I say.

"Exactly you have more surface to hit me"he chuckles.