Chapter twenty seven

Ryan

It's like time froze when he revealed himself to me. He looked different from the last time I had seen him. A bit more tired but other than that he looked healthy. He stared down at me with his usual blank stare. He wasn't panting or even looked like he was out of sort. There were no evidence to support what had happened minutes before.

He was the last person I ever expected to be here.

"Lex"his name came out as a whisper.

I placed my shaky hand on my throat. It hurt to even speak.

I closed my eyes tight because there was no way I was seeing what I was seeing. Lex couldn't be here. Lex wasn't the one that saved me from that monster but when I opened my eyes, he was still there staring down at me. He looked bored and unbothered and to be frank it freaked me out a bit.

I opened my mouth to say something but his voice stopped me.

"Its best if you don't speak. It's likely that it would be sore for couple of hours, maybe days. Which is great because you seem to talk too much"

"I-"

I definitely do not talk to much. He just doesn't talk much. In fact that might be the most I have ever heard from him at once.

What...what is he doing here?

I didn't know whether to be relieved or wary. I mean he did suggest that I get killed over a mouth ago. I mean sure Enzo did say Lex was just kidding but the guy wasn't smiling.

Why would he save me? I thought he hated me. He thought I was untrustworthy so why save me when I could have disappeared out of Cameron's life forever. If that guy succeeded I would no longer exist, no longer be a problem so again I ask why save me.

Probably because he wants to kill me himself. Doesn't want some guy taking his job.

I was so tired that I didn't care whether I lived or not even though minutes again I was fighting for my life. I fell back to the wall, my arms going to my sides.

"Well if you're going to do it. You might as well do it now, I don't think I can move my leg"I slurred my voice still cutting off at each word.

Lex furrowed his brows. Yes his brows, looks like he finally grew them back. He looked confused for a second before going back to his normal expressionless face.

"I'm not here to hurt you"he said in his deep voice.

"Sure"I rolled my eyes not believing him for a second.

He just looked at me with his blank grey eyes.

Why am I being a fool? Am I asking to be killed?

"Thank you."I said meaning it realising I haven't thanked him yet.

He didn't say anything but stared down at me.

I looked down at the body.

"Can you get rid of it?"my voice barely there but he managed to hear it and understand it.

He nodded, picking up the dead body and leaving the apartment.

I wanted to pretend that this night didn't happen. The adrenaline was quickly dying down and I suddenly felt so tired. My eyes felt so heavy.

I wanted to wait for Lex to come back. To thank him again before sending away. I was grateful for what he had done but I didn't want to be mixed with Redwood and werewolves no more. I wanted my life to get back to normal.

Part of me knew my life changed that night and was never going to go back to normal. The other part didn't want to go back to normal. The other part knew it was the best mistake even if I refused to admit it.