Chapter thirty three

It ached seeing her like that. Seeing her all broken and shrinking into herself. Her face and eyes were puffy and red with pain and tears. She looked exhausted and not from the workout earlier on but rather from the situation that had been presented in front of her. Her eyes which had gotten brighter and lighter each day, seemed to dimmer down and look lifeless now.

My wolf wanted pull her into my chest, to give her comfort, to calm her down but I knew if I moved towards her she would move away. I wanted take away the hurt, take her away from everything and anything in her path. She wasn't the Ryan I had seen all the time, she was a shell of herself, broken into pieces. I hated seeing her like that. It felt like I was being torn apart from the inside and that's just from seeing her like that.

There were no words escaping from my mouth. As much as I wanted to say something that was comforting, I didn't know exactly what. I was trained to deal with things under pressure, to think of things on the spot but I was speechless, nothing coming to mind. I felt like the energy within me was zapped out. I felt helpless staring down at my mate, my woman, my Luna. Seeing her the way she was. My chest felt heavy like something was pressing hard to it.

When she ran out, everything in me wanted to chase after her. Wanted to pull her into my arms and never let her go but I didn't because I knew that it wasn't what she needed at the moment. She would have pulled away and it wouldn't have helped the matter. I understood that she needed time alone and even though that was the last thing I wanted to do so I let her run in order to have the privacy she needed.

I worked hard to be the best alpha I could be. To be someone whom is fair, loyal and protective over his land and people. I took an oath. To protect and lead.

I wanted to take the pain from Ryan. To make it disappear. My wolf wanted to make the people who hurt her disappear and to never been seen again but I knew that wasn't what my mate wanted. For some twisted reason, my mate loved these people. Thought of them like family. I barely knew anything about them but I knew they cared for her, at least a little or they wouldn't have came for her.

I wanted to destroy them for the fact that they managed to enter my territory without anyone knowing. I wanted to hurt them for making just a single tear escape from my woman's eyes. But I knew it wouldn't help solve any matter. It would end up just hurting her even more. I didn't want to cause anymore pain.

She already suffered enough to last her a life time.

Just then I made a promise to myself, to ensure that Ryan lives the life she deserves. To make her happy, to make her smile and to only cry happy tears.

Joe huffed and spun around, probably intending to follow after Ryan but Lex stepped in his way, blocking him and stopping him from chasing after her. Joe was a tall man, but not as tall as Lex.

Lex looked down at Joe, with a stony expression on his face. His eyes flicked to mine, asking for direction. Just with one word from me, Joe would be gone. Just like that.

I shook my head. No, I didn't want them dead. I just wanted them out.

"Leave and don't come back"I commanded.

"What? No we are not leaving without Ryan"one of the guys said.

He was also tall, black man with shaved hair. Looked like he spent a lot of time in the gym. I didn't know his name and I didn't care for it.

"There was no question in my sentence"I said looking at him dead in the eye.

I was trying to keep my wolf calm but it was getting harder and harder to do with them still here.

"I don't give a fu-"I growled, my eyes probably flashing red cutting him off.

He had more muscles on me but I knew I could take him down within a blink of an eye. Without any doubt.