Chapter tweleve

While the rest of us share one set of lasagna, bear has his own. I don't know how he has space in his stomach to fit desert but he does. I watch with amazement as he eats most of fudge cake. I'm starting to think the guy has a black hole in his stomach that never allows him to be full.

I pat my stomach to indicate that I'm full when Charlotte asks me if I want some desert. Bear jumps up and says he would have it. I laugh and shrug. Bear jumps up with glee and plants a kiss on my cheeks which makes Cam growl. Bear chooses to ignore this and literally snatches the plate from Charlotte and beginning to eat.

"I pity the woman who marries that giant"April, Amy's oldest daughter comes.

Amy and her five daughters came earlier on. They were a big surprise, even though I had a little warning for Charlotte. April is the oldest at 17. Ava is the second eldest at 15, then it's autumn, 13 (my favourite so far). Aria 10 and the youngest Aurora being 4. All five of those girls are gorgeous, some look like their mother and the rests share a couple things with the mother but I assume they look like their father more.

"She will be the luckiest woman in the world"Bear informs before placing a spoon full of fudge cake in his mouth.

"How do you guess that?"she asks dryly.

"Have you seen me"he gestures at his handsome face.

April rolls her eyes before saying "have you see how much you eat?"

"How is your mother not bankrupt?"Autumn, Amy middle daughter asks in wonder.

Out of all girl, April and Autumn are the most chattiest and the only two I can say I held conversation with all evening. Ava either shy or doesn't like me very much. I won't be surprised if it's the latter. I have a bad shadow following me around that makes people hate me without even knowing me. I'm not having a pity party, it's just something I accepted by the age of 12. Though I think it's the former as she hasn't spoken to anyone other than Aria, who by the way looks like her twin sister then her younger sister. Aurora is the opposite of sky and similar to Ava. She's quiet and seems sweet. Her and Sky were few feet away, chatting animatedly.

"I started working at the age of 14. There were two incomes to feed me. Now I make enough to look after mum and Asher."he answers her as if her questions was serious.

I suppose it was, a bit. I mean you have to be wondering.

"How is Asher?"Amy asks.

Asher? Who is Asher? Maybe it's his little brother. Or maybe a pet?

"He's doing okay. It had been difficult at the beginning because he didn't trust us but he is beginning to"

Amy gives him a sad smile.

"I'm glad sweetie. Your mum and you were sweet to take him in"

Still don't know whether it's a pet or not.

Bear's jaw clenches and doesn't reply but he does give her a nod before turning his attention back to his food.

Feeling that bear doesn't want the attention on him. I change the subject, asking about Lily. It seems to get everyone out of that tense place and into a more loving conversation.

Bear sends me a grateful smile and I feel Cameron lips touch my cheeks.

"You're sweet"he whispers to me.

Don't think I have ever been called sweet before, even when I had been sweet.

I give him a small but warm smile and I watch his soft eyes soften even more which made the butterflies wake again. I turn my attention to the conversation about Lily. They are sharing stories about her and I can't help but laugh at some of the stories.