Chapter forty nine

Ryan

"How much things does a seven year old really need?"Vinnie asked carrying another box into the house. "Who needs this much books. The boy barely knows how to read"

I rolled my eyes because it's either that or tell him to stuff it and I didn't take Vinnie the type of guy who liked to be told to stuff it.

"His mum is in prison."Enzo reminded his brother.

"Right. Forgot about that"nodding like that was a reason enough.

"That and because I'm totally adorable"Max said with a box hovering above his head.

A panic feeling built from inside as I imaged Max losing control of his power and the heavy box falling on his head and breaking his neck.

"Max!"

So Cameron and I allowed him to use his magic in the house and not in the presence of people that don't count as family. We want him to feel like home even though we know he wouldn't feel like he truly belongs until his mother is with him.

From the corner of my eyes I saw Locke mouth "mother hen" to Enzo who in return bugged his eyes out.

"I saw that!"I snapped at both of them. "And I am so not a mother hen"

Cameron walked in with another box.

"Right honey"I asked him.

"Huh?"

"I'm not a mother hen right?"I drew out the words, narrowing my eyes telling him that if he didn't agree with me he was so going to regret it.

"Of course not"he said like it was absurd to think otherwise.

"Dudeee"both Enzo and Locke said, shaking their head not looking impressed.

"You will understand when you guys find your mate"Cameron said shrugging.

I turned to my brother.

"That's dangerous"I said pointing to the box that was still hovering above his head.

"You said I can use my magic freely when I'm at home"he reminded me.

"What if the box drops on your head."

"It's only stuffed animals in there."he shrugged.

I huffed.

"Careful there Blue, you sounding like a mother already"Grayson said entering the house with one of the last box.

"I do not!"

I narrowed my eyes at Vinnie's feet that was now up on the coffee table. Haven't anyone taught the guy manners.

"Hey! Legs off the table"I snapped.

Then glanced at Grayson who was giving a raised brow.

"Oh stuff it"I said annoyed at his knowing it look.

He chuckled and leaned down to plant a kiss on my cheek. I knew he would have ruffled my hair too if his hands were free.

Sometimes it sucked to be short.

"No worries Blue, it's a good look on you"he said balancing the heavy box on one had and ruffling my hair like I knew he would.

I slapped his hand of my head and flared at him which made him chuckle. He knew I hated it but thought it was his brotherly duty to annoy the hell out of me.

"You know when you asked me if I was busy. This wasn't what I had in mind." Vinnie said gesturing the room. "If I knew I was helping you move boxes for a tiny human I would have told you I was busy"