goodbye pt.1

[ READ AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END OF CHAPTER THANK YOU!]

Warning: Mention of drugs and sexual harrasment, vomit too.

The day was exhausting, filled with interviews and endless questions about your breakup.

Mena and you were dating for 5 years, it was a pretty serious relationship. To be honest with yourself, it was the best one yet.

There was just a lot going on in both of your lives that unfortunately, you both couldn't make time for each other.

You would be lying to yourself if you said it didn't hurt because it did. It was one of the hardest and most difficult thing you've ever done.

Months prior to the break up, it's like you both knew it was gonna eventually happen, but it felt like you both didn't want to be the one who would break the silence.

You love him, with every inch of your soul. You would do absolutely anything for him as he would for you.

Sometimes people are too busy living with everything that they forget they are nothing once they lose all of it.

This was the case. You knew he was in your life and you were in his but you both forgot people don't exist forever, at least not the way you want them to.

"The media has been really tough on you," Maya walks in taking a careful sip of her coffee.

You rolled your eyes and nod, sitting down on the couches.

"Especially because I'm a woman. They think I'm falling apart because we're not together anymore."

"I mean you are but they forget that he is too."

"Well! Thank god that was the last interview of the day! I can bet your throat is exhausted after all that nonsense chit-chat!" Leonard exclaims from the other room.

After eating lunch, your team leaves you alone to enjoy and relax for the rest of the day.

It's only Leonard and you, laying on the same house where Mena and you lived together.

"You can't stop thinking about him huh?" Leo mumbled very softly as the silence grew louder.

Many seconds have past before you responded back, it's like your mind took a trip. A trip to when Mena and you met, and all the little fights, the dates, the cuddles.

"I try not to, I really do." You could feel your throat tightening and the whites of your eyes turn a delicate shade of pink.

"Ugh baby," Leo pulled you to his chest, patting your head and stroking your cheek gently.

"It's gonna be alright,"

You shiver at his words, you can't imagine things being alright if Mena isn't part of them.

[Mena's POV:]

"I mean Alex, my mom loved her, she even told me, minutes after meeting her. She even pulled me aside and told me that she feels like she's the one for me."

Alex sighed as I told him that, desperately trying to relax me while he was anxious himself.

"Look, I don't know man, sometimes things just can't be fixed and sometimes they can. I don't know what case this is, maybe you can fix what's happening between y/n and you but also maybe you can't."

"I just don't want you to let this consume you. It's breaking you away from what's important."

"What's more important than her?!" I yelled.