Pool Party

You look into the mirror at your body, hoping you would be a lot prettier and slimmer. The bikini suiting you beautifully as you hesitate about going with it to the pool party. Naomi, your older sister insists since she always believed you were too beautiful to not show it off.

"I like the color but there will be people." You say playing with the loose string of the bikini bra.

"Oh come, it won't be so bad, it's my birthday and I don't want you wearing shorts and sandals. I will be wearing a bikini too, " Naomi says making her bed as you spin in front of the mirror.

"Alright fine, " you groan as she squeals in excitement

"You also need a boyfriend as soon as possible." She says squishing your cheeks together like a baby.

"Ugh, I do not!" You say annoyed slowly replacing the bikini with your previous clothes.

"You do! I have a lot of friends coming over! Sure you'll meet someone," She says looking out the window as the first guests come through the door.

Naomi rushes downstairs as you follow after her only to head to the kitchen for a can of coke.

She talks with her guests offering them tea, water, and coke. You shake their hands with a fake smile and head upstairs nervously.

The day grows darker and the pink and purple clouds appear a beautiful afternoon.

The floaties ready on the pool and a fruit bar for the guests, punch and a few champagne bottles.

More men and woman arrive, a gift on their hands and a smile on their face. You look out the window in jealous of how confident the girls walk from one place to another. Naomi knocks softly on the door,

"Y/n, I gotta go in to change." She says as you unlock the door.

She switches her clothes to the bikini she bought a week earlier online. You do the same nervously fitting it on

"We got this, " she pats your back as you walk downstairs.

You look around as Naomi introduces you to some of her friends, many men staring at you like a meal.

"This is Mena Massoud, I will be working with him in the new Aladdin movie." She says as a young man with perfectly straight white teeth and intense dark eyes looks at you.

"This is my little sister, Y/n." She says as Mena reaches out his hand to shake.

"Naomi!!" A woman shouts out from across the pool as your sister runs up to her leaving you two alone.

"How are you?" Mena asks as you smile.

"Been better, "

"Mmm, I get it, antisocial?" He asks as you smile wider.

"Yep, not very familiar with parties and people that aren't my friends." You said your body bending together shyly.

"It's alright, we can be friends. I'll take care of you." He says grabbing you by the waist and running up to the pool. Your bodies fall onto the water with a splash as you scream.

As you come back for air, you spot Mena smiling at you.

"I just knew you wouldn't get in," Mena says brushing his wet hair away from his face.

"That's true but you basically threw me!" You say as he laughs.

"Who's up for some water volleyball? Is that how you call it?" A woman says as they set up the net halfway on the pool, a volleyball on her hand.

"Come on, let's play," Mena says as you hesitate.

"Here grab onto me, " He says as he lowers his shoulders for you to sit on them.

"It's okay, I got you, this will be fun." He reassures you.

You are on top of Mena's shoulders in front of the net. His hands on your thighs and your hands on his chin.

The game starts and you and Mena blocked the ball most of the times. Mena patting your thigh every time you hit the ball.

After an exhausting game, you jump from Mena's shoulders and splash him.

"Hey!" He laughs wiping his eyes.

"Are you hungry?" You ask him as he nods.

He follows you through the fruit bar and inside the house. You grab two towels, a pizza box, and some cokes.

You walk him into your room, setting the food on the bed and passing him a towel.

"Nice room, " He mumbles as you sit on your bed and Mena on Naomi's.

"Thanks, we still need to re-decorate it." You say as you bite in the pizza.

The night goes on with you two talking about your goals in life between jokes and laughs. You started liking Mena a lot more after he opened up to you, he was a nice guy, not a guy who wanted to get laid every day which you appreciated.

You played a horror movie for the sake of it. After both bodies were dry,  he laid next to you to see the screen better.

You cover your cold body underneath the sheets but it wasn't enough. Mena carefully places his arm behind you'd head as a pillow and hugs you close to him.

"Thanks." You mumble and he nods.

The movie starts making you jump and scare every now and then, burying your face on his chest. After the movie finishes, you realize it's past midnight and the party aren't over. The water tired your muscles so you instantly fall asleep in Mena's arms as he falls asleep holding you.

The morning comes and you don't feel Mena's embrace anymore with you hated that feeling, of missing someone. You noticed he took the trash from the food, you and he ate earlier. The empty pizza box, the plates, and the empty cans, which thought was sweet. At the side table, he left his numbers which made you smile.

"Maybe the pool party wasn't so bad, after all." You mumbled under your breath before falling back asleep.

A simple chapter, I can continue this one if you like....