Promise (pt 2)

After arriving at Mena's house, he helped you out with a fresh pair of clean clothes and his bed.

He went to sleep downstairs on the couch since you are just 17 years old, and you both can't sleep on the same bed unless you are a married couple.

You were up a little while more than him, just thinking of how different Mena is from the other guys. Of course, he was so sweet and caring but the first guy you felt safe with.

You hop down the stairs feeling really calm like it if where you're a house.

You catch sight of him. His eyes closed as a small sun ray beam through the curtains hitting his face very softly.  
His hair intact as if he had never slept, perfectly combed to one side. His lips at rest, no expression or snore, only silence.  You felt the need to examine him closer but his sudden movements make you jump losing concentration.

You pop your head into the kitchen thinking about breakfast, maybe cooking him would make you even.

A plate of cooked eggs, ham with avocado toast and last but not least orange juice. You smile down at the plate proud of how perfect and vibrant everything looked.

He turned his body to the opposite one more time but this time waking up catching sight of you.

"I- I cooked you breakfast." You tell him as he looks at the table seeing the plate ready, a smile on his face.

"That's really sweet of you, Y/n, but um I am vegan." He approaches you as the last word catches you off guard.  He is vegan? No wonder he looks so fit.

"I thought you were American." You joked as he rolls his eyes.

"It's okay kiddo, the thought counts." He moves you out of his way in a friendly way.

Turned out his breakfast was now going to be all yours.

He prepares what he calls himself a
'Tofu scramble breakfast Vegan bowl'

You both discuss your lives and what were the reasons for being at the bar so late.

"Look, I...I am not like other teenagers who drive and drink at the same time or just do stupid things 24/7." He nods at you eating the food he picked up with his fork.

"That club is like my hideout place, no one knows who I am or who I will become because they are too drunk to keep my face in their mind, they'll forget about me, they won't give me limits or a bunch ridiculous rules." You spoke bringing the rim of the glass cup up to your lips to help your throat.

"You told me last night, you go there to getaway. From what?" He stops looking at you and his mouth stops chewing.

"From who?" He finally says making you gulped down.

You trust Mena but it was best if he didn't know who it was, it would only place him at a bigger risk than a prison.

"Y/n, from who?" He asks again a bit louder this time making your hands roll right into fists.

"It doesn't matter. How about you? Why were you at the club so late?" You change the subject making him think again.

"I uh, my girlfriend and I broke up." He says clenching his jaw and bending his head low looking sadly at his plate.

"Why?" You ask finishing the last piece of your toast.

"Because it didn't work out." He responded back.

"Why?" You asked again trying your best to understand him.

"God I don't know Y/n!" He shouts back making your eyes widen from sudden fear.

"If it didn't work out then you are guys are not meant to be together. Simple." You replied back as his eyes glare at you.

"I don't care what you think," His words not changing you a bit inside.

"Maybe you do but you don't want to admit it."

"Why would I listened to a teenager?" He asks you as you nod your head slowly pursing your lips together.

"Because I know more about relationships than you do." His head tilting wanting to laugh.

"And what do you know more about?" He says as his white teeth reveal with a smile.

"I know that when two people are truly in love, the relationship will always work out. In your case, it didn't, meaning it's not meant to be." Your voice straightforward and clear for Mena to hear.

"I know it hurts, Mena. Trust me I understand you more than anyone." You feel yourself remembering the nights with your ex-boyfriend.

"You do? How come?" His voice laces with attitude as your back lean back in the chair.

You are a beautiful girl, with an amazing body and the best personality making you the target of every popular guy at school. You were used to guys trying to get your number or maybe even go out on a date but you only cared about one guy.

"His name was Dylan. I've had a crush on him ever since elementary school, we were best friends." You start feeling Mena very interested in your conversation.

You both were inseparable, you would run in the playgrounds, try to do flips on the monkey bars, and jumping off swings. Dylan protected you like no other boy in the world but elementary ended. Middle school started and his attitude change leaving his old friends behind, leaving you behind. Highschool started eventually, he completely forgot you existed until Junior year. He saw you and this time he had a desire in him but it wasn't the desire you wanted him to feel, he wanted lust, not love. The worst part is you didn't know that so in simpler words:

"Dylan was my best friend but he turned into a complete fuck boy leaving all his true friends behind."

"Then Junior year came around, and he asked me on a date. Slowly by slowly, he started winning me over. Winning my heart over when all he ever wanted was a one night stand with Y/n Y/l/n." You tell Mena not looking at him but at the wall, remembering the night so well.

The way Dylan's body felt against yours, every touch making you wanting more, thinking about love when he thought about simple sex.

"You let him!" Mena says interesting your thoughts as you look down at your hands embarrassed.

"I loved him. He was everything to me. We dated for like 6 months and all he ever wanted was having me in his bed." You reply back as he runs his finger through his hair.

"I am telling you from experience, I have been through what a 17-year-old shouldn't experience. I am more mature than what you think. I know more than what I tell you." He nods his head agreeing with you completely.

"She actually broke up with me." He mumbles as your eyebrows furrowed.

"Why?"

"She said she couldn't keep lying to me. She just didn't feel the same way." Your eyes starting to water looking at him, it was like a mirror. You saw yourself in his hurting eyes.

"Oh Mena." Your palm pressed gently against his smooth making him close his eyes, a small tear falling off his wet eyelashes.

You stood up from your seat as Mena cried harder. You let his cheek lean on your stomach, hugging him tight, patting his back, and planting small kisses on his head.

"It's okay." You comforting him feeling sorry but also feeling the same pain he felt.
There was something special between you both, you haven't seen it just yet.

Early Chapter  (; Comment and vote ❤🙌