Her groom

Y/n's POV
---------------
Sometimes, I stare at the moon hoping
that one of these days, his brown eyes bright when he sees me and not her. His embrace on me during night and morning instead of her. His smile given to me and not her. To be in love with me and not her. To have him instead of her because I can love him with more strengths in this world.

Tomorrow, Mena, my best friend will be all hers, and I just feel like falling apart. I saw how their love story unfolded trying my best to confess but nothing came out.

I lay in bed, my mind all over the place, tears all over my bed, pain all over my head. He only loved as a friend and I only love him, as a lover.
Loving him had consequences and all I can do now is a smile for the wedding.

Narrator POV

You did lay in bed all night and all morning drinking on liquor and crying as hard as you could hoping time would go back, but it didn't. Your mouth producing ugly sounds as you sobbed in pain, wishing to tell him your feelings before the proposal.

Instead of staying in bed, you dressed up, wiped your tears and headed for the wedding. The heels on your feet stabbing every step of the way and your heart stopping every 5 seconds hoping Mena wouldn't see your pain.

"Y/n! Thank God, you made it!" Mena says giving you a hug as your eyes water.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?" He asks worried as you give him a small smile, wiping your tears away again.

"I am getting a little emotional, I am so happy for you." You lie, you knew feeling this way was selfish but how can you not when the man you love is marrying someone else?

Mena gave you a weak smile as his family members took him inside waiting for his beautiful future wife to arrive. You stayed outside sitting on the church's stairs staring into the distance.

A cute white car with flowers decor appeared and out comes the bride, Kayla. Her long curly hair hidden in her veil with nice makeup on her face, smiling brightly as she walks up to the first stair.

She looks at you and stops. "What's wrong?" She asks taking your hands.

"Nothing, go inside, he's waiting for you." You say as she looks inside the church seeing Mena in his tuxedo.

"Something is wrong, y/n."

"Go away, Kayla, please." You sigh tears streaming down your tired face.

"No! Until you tell me what's going!" She shouts as the guests come out the church whispering around Kayla and you. Mena in the crowd staring in disbelief.

"I can't, " You mumble seeing both of their faces shocked, you breakdown. Your knees hitting the rocky ground, your stomach and breast curled up as tears stream down your red face. Guests gasp and pat Mena in the back, feeling sorry for his wedding being ruined.

"You can't what Y/n?!" Mena shouts angry as you look at him.

"I can't stand seeing you marry Kayla." You finally say.

"I have loved you ever since I met you, not in a friend way, I love you and maybe those damn three words were so hard to say until now, I can't stop you now and tell you anything, you love her! I can't do shit about it!" You confess sobbing this time as Kayla feels guilty watching you suffer on your knees. 

"Now, I must go and Kayla don't feel guilty because you're the right woman for him!" You shout as you stand up your knees bleeding crazy as Kayla fears you.

You walk away from the church and the face of Mena feeling every step hurt more and more, the liquor still on your body. You call a cab and turn off your phone, shutting the whole world away as you enter your dark house. Grabbing another bottle and curling back into bed, heels on the ground next to the bed, black stream of mascara down on your cheeks along with the smeared red lipstick.

"What the fuck are you going to do now Y/n?" You ask yourself, pain and anger growing inside as you throw the bottle against the wall shattering in a million pieces.

"Mena right now is her groom." You whisper to yourself feeling your eyes blackout and losing all your senses, an unbearable chest pain.

You wake up to the sound of Mena's voice. His arms picking you up and loading you on his car. You feel the wind hit your body, a complete blurred vision.

Minutes later, you are in a hospital, a doctor and nurse whispering looking into the checkboard. Your vision slowly coming back.

"Ugh...Mena, Mena! Mena! Where's Mena!" You call out as the nurse and doctor calm you down.

"Hey, it's okay. I am Dr.Collins." The man says checking your heart.

"She's here to help you out too, and Mena is okay." He says pointing to the nurse while you stare in confusion.

The nurse decides to bring some food but you don't allow the food in your mouth.

The doctor talking to Mena outside telling him what occurred to you.

"She's got Heart Break Syndrome, every heart has a left ventricle and hers is swollen causing immense pain in her chest sort of like a heart attack." The doctor explains to Mena as he pulls out his pen and checks board.

"Do you know any stressful events that might have hurt her emotionally in any way?" The doctor asks as Mena gulps.

"Yeah, she is in love with me and...I was going to marry another girl." He finally says bending his head low, the doctor writes it down and pats his back.

"How long will she stay here and what  is going to happen to her?" Mena asks as Dr.Collins sighs.

"She will have to take ACE inhibitors and she needs some time to recover hopefully she will be healthy in about 4 weeks maybe even in a bit less." He says as Mena nods.

"Is it okay, if I go talk to her," Mena asks.

"Oh no, I don't recommend that, boy. She is in serious pain and even though you're the first human on her mind, she needs to recover, maybe wait until the end of this week." Dr.Collins say as Mena nods, water in his eyes, wanting to take away all your pain away.

For now, you lay in bed, your heart aching every now and then, Mena on your mind, Mena on your swollen heart and Mena outside your room.

You didn't know but he always came into the hospital hoping one day, he would help you heal, telling you he didn't marry Kayla after all.

Got a little emotional here but I just wanted to give you guys a sad imagine, since all I do are happy and dirty. Hope you liked this one and a requested imagine will be up in a few days♥♥♥ btw my Instagram in case you want it : @_x.e.l.e.s.t.e8

-Celeste <3