Lost Dreams

Setting: pre-Caraval, final part of "The Best Friends' Failure", 2 months after Waves of Unsaid Words
Inspiration: The beginning chapters of Caraval :) It said that Felipe had booked them a schooner and they didn't make it far, but for the plot, I'm changing that just a tiny bit.

"The Best Friends' Failure"
5/5

Tella, Scarlett and Felipe sat in the bed chambers on the boat, smoothing out any details for their departure that they may have missed.

"Are you sure we have everything planned out?" Scarlett asked wearily as she gnawed on her cheek nervously.

"Yes, Scar, I'm sure. We leave at midnight and don't look back." Felipe's voice was bold and confident, and it put Scarlett at ease.

"I can't believe we're finally getting out of this hell hole-"

"Language," Scarlett chastised her younger sister.

"This disgusting, boring, torturous, hole," Tella corrected herself with a smirk.

Scarlett rolled her eyes, but a small smile edged on her face. They were finally leaving.

"Are you sure you want to do this Felipe?" Scarlett raised her eyebrows at her best friend. He didn't really have that much to run from other than a dreadful academy and a boring life on Trisda.

"Yes. I want to make sure you're safe. Besides, after tonight, we're going to be living an adventurous life that we couldn't live here. I made up my mind one year ago that I wanted to do this with you, and I'm not changing it," Felipe stated. "My 'pa might miss me, but I can write to him. I haven't been able to look at him the same way ever since I realized what Marcello was doing to you."

Scarlett gave Felipe a sympathetic look and squeezed his arm gently, "It's not his fault."

Felipe shrugged, "I know, but if he's not doing anything against it that means he supports it."

They stood in silence until Scarlett checked her watch, "We better get back to the estate, Tella. Eat dinner so Father isn't suspicious, then go to our rooms and wait until it's almost midnight."

Scarlett turned her head over her shoulder as they exited the ship, "See you in a better life, Felipe."

"See you in a better life, Scarlett," he repeated with a smile.

🖤❤️🌟🎩🌟❤️🖤

The Dragna sisters stealthily ran towards the Wilson ship with a bounce to their feet. The moon shone brightly over the ocean casting a small amount of light so they could see where their feet were going. Tella boarded the ship first, Scarlett climbing after her.

"Off we go," Felipe announced when he helped Scarlett up the ladder.

Tella gripped onto the side of the boat taking in the dim scene around her as her feet bounced slightly. Of course, the younger Dragna sister had been boating before, but not with the promise of freedom ahead of her.

"Thank you for everything, Fel," Scarlett said sincerely as she looked up from the marine map. "Words cannot explain how grateful I am- me and Tella both."

"You were made for so much more than to rot on an island. I had to do something." Felipe gently guided the steering wheel. "Where are we going first?"

Scarlett skimmed over the map, looking for a good place to stop. They couldn't go somewhere too close to Trisda, but they couldn't go somewhere too far either. The trio had discussed different places that would be a suitable checkpoint for their journey, and they had narrowed it down to two places.