Jealous Heart

Setting: Post Finale - Part Two of "jealous, darling?"
Inspo: a mix of two requests, along with my own twist :))

(this one's a bit longer than usual)

Julian's lips fiercely attacked Scarlett's neck in urgency, causing her to throw her head against the wall to give him more access. It was currently three in the morning, and a ball had just been wrapped up in Elantine Palace. Guests from neighbouring empires and kingdoms were already situated in their suites, and Julian had Scarlett leaned against a shelf of the private library in the palace.

    His lips were hungry and possessive against her neck, finding her pulse point before nipping and kissing her there. Breathy moans escaped Scarlett and she squirmed under him.

     Julian paused briefly, his lips brushing her neck as he spoke. "Maybe the whole world will know you're mine now."

    Scarlett's breath hitched. "Are you..." she swallowed, blinking at her fiancé. "...jealous?"

    Julian's jaw set as his hands trailed down her sides to her hips. Though she was wearing thick fabric, the sensation of his touch never dulled. "I don't particularly like it when other men have their hands all over my fiancée, especially not needy princes."

     A small smile curved onto Scarlett's mouth. "Are you talking about Prince Marco? We were dancing, as people tend to do in a ball."

     "He kissed you."

     Scarlett arched an eyebrow. "He kissed my hand; a courteous and polite gesture."

      Julian's mouth pressed into a thin line. "I still don't like him."

     Scarlett melted into the music much as she was melting into Julian's arms. He made countless comments and jokes quietly into her ear as they paraded down the ballroom, causing for a never ending smile. Occasionally, both of them would get split up with other diplomats, but one in particular seemed to dampen Julian's mood.

     Prince Marco of the Southern Empire stood before them as the song came to an end, bowing over dramatically to Scarlett.

    "Your Majesty, may I have this next dance?"

    Scarlett whispered lowly whispered into Julian's ear. "I'll catch up with you later."

     Julian plastered his finest acting smile onto his face before slipping into the crowd.

     Prince Marco took her hand and waist as Scarlett took his shoulder. They began to waltz and Marco began to converse.

    "My father sends his deepest regards and wishes he could be here tonight, but unfortunately he has fallen ill, so I'm here in his steed."

     "My sorrows, Your Highness. I wish him a quick recovery," Scarlett replied lightly, the tiniest bit surprised that the King of the South was ill enough that he couldn't a ball.

    "Thank you, Empress Scarlett." Marco paused, guiding her around the ballroom before picking up again. "You are recently eighteen, correct?"

    Scarlett nodded. "Just last month."

     "So young to run an empire."

    "Well, I was the only one of royal blood other than my younger sister and alive for that matter to take the responsibility."

     "Ah yes, Paradise the Lost and the Fallen Star. Quite an interesting pair. A princess slash outlaw and an immortal Fate. My condolences, by the way. But don't you have a step father?"