My Little Sailor

Setting: Post-Finale, part 2 of 'Hold Me Close'
Inspiration: a prompt insinuated from part of the dialogue in 'Hold Me Close'

"Hello, Benji," Julian cooed as he crept into the nursery connected to his and Scarlett's bedroom.

The small infant began to cry, but Julian quickly picked him up and held him close to his chest. Benjamin calmed down in his fathers arms, his wails turning into short huffs.

"It's just daddy coming to take you sailing," Julian whispered, outstretching his son in the air and bouncing him slowly up and down. "Do you want to go sailing?"

Benjamin giggled, the sound making Julian melt. "I'll take that as a yes."

He began preparing Benjamin for the few hours they would spend on the ocean, changing him and putting on him into a little sailing suit.

"You two are so adorable," Scarlett leaned her head against the door frame as she watched her husband play with their son. "You even have him in a suit."

"Well, we need to sail in style. And I am not adorable." Julian continued to bounce Benjamin up and down as he handed him to Scarlett, who had traded her fancy dress in for a simple sun dress. "And may I add how gorgeous you look, Crimson."

Even after years of being by Julian's side and him constantly giving her compliments, heat still rose to her cheeks. She cradled their baby in her arms and pecked Julian's lips. Her eye caught on the opened balcony and she looked at the gentle waves swimming in the ocean.

"It's the perfect day for sailing," Scarlett commented while Julian picked up the basket full of sandwiches and a few bananas for Benjamin.

"I still can't believe Benjamin's eating solid food already." Julian shook his head with a smile and they started down the halls. "He's growing up so fast."

"That he is." Scarlett pressed a kiss to the top of Benjamin's head, and soon enough they were at the royal docks.

"Do you think Legend and Tella are going to question us about last night when we get back?" Julian pulled at the back of his neck and they both paused before boarding the sail boat.

"I do. I guess we just tell them the truth."

Julian nodded, and before long, his content smile had returned. "Are you ready for your first boat ride, Benji?"

Benjamin made a happy noise, his hazel eyes that he got from his mother lighting up.

"Thank the Dead Saints there are still more firsts for him to do. First words, first steps... he isn't growing up too fast." Julian began undoing the knots holding the boat to the dock as Scarlett took a seat on the bench and rocked Benjamin.

When Julian finished readying the boat, he stepped aboard and the boat took off, the breeze pushing them forward. Scarlett stood up and went next to Julian as she continued to gently bounce Benjamin.

"Do you want me to sail?" She asked.

"You know how to sail, Crimson?"

Scarlett stammered, "Well, no... but it can't be that hard."

"You do know there is an autopilot setting, right?" Julian raised his eyebrows.

"Oh, perfect!" Scarlett handed Julian Benjamin, and made her way towards the steering part of the ship.

"How do you like the ocean so far, Benji?" Julian's voice went high and silly when he spoke to his son, as most parents' voices tend to do.

Benjamin's hands clapped above his head and Julian grinned.

"I'm guessing you find this fun. That means we can convince your mother to take breaks like these more often." Julian dropped his voice lower. "She's been under a lot of stress lately, but we know how to make her happy, don't we, Benji?"

Julian began making silly faces at his son, sticking his tongue out and shaking his head wildly, not knowing that his wife had finished setting up the autopilot and was standing directly behind them.

"You are adorable!" Scarlett laughed from behind them.

"Wha-" Julian turned to see her with the widest grin he had ever seen. "I am not adorable!" Though, he said it half-halfheartedly, loving the way Scarlett was smiling so wide.

Julian did not notice, but a sleeping Benjamin laid cradled in his arms, and Scarlett seemed to melt even more. She rested her chin on his shoulder as she stood behind him, and gently placed both of her hands on his upper-arms.

"See?" Scarlett whispered in his ear. "Adorable."

Julian did not have the heart to deny it anymore as he was too happy being surrounded by the two people he loved most. The breeze made Scarlett's hair blow wildly in the wind, and almost drowned out Benjamin's tiny snores; almost.

"Do you hear his snores?" Julian asked with the most fond and loving voice. "They're so tiny and cute. The waves must have put him to sleep."

"Did you just call them cute?"

"I... fine you win."

"Win at what?" Scarlett chuckled.

"Your adorable game. You. Win."

Scarlett tilted her head just enough so that she could press a kiss to his cheek. "Of course I win. You're the sweetest man alive and I get to call you my husband."

A sheepish grin spread across Julian's face.

"Do you want to eat? I know Benji's sleeping but he'll-"

Benjamin's snoring stopped and his eyes shot open.

Julian turned to Scarlett with an amused look. "At least we know how to get him up now peacefully. All we have to do is mention food."

Though they were sailing alone through the ocean, it would be clear to anyone that the bickering couple were head-over-heels in love with each other. Nothing could make them more happy than the presence of their family, or just simply being together.

A/N
2K READS OH MY GOODNESS THANK YOU ALL FOR READING WOW I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS!
This was so adorable to write ahh, I actaully had like half of this written for a long time, but it's just been sitting as an unfinished draft. I have 15 drafts waiting to be finished so :D