soft angel

Request: Julian admiring Scarlett when she's sleeping Aloisiea

     When Julian awoke, the first thing he noticed was he was not in his room. The ceiling was different, the bed was different, his arm was wrapped around Scarlett, the wallpaper was d-

      His arm was wrapped around Scarlett.

      And that was when Julian realized he was in Scarlett's room, Scarlett's bed. He took in her sleeping figure, her soft white blanket covering just up until below her shoulders. Bare shoulders.

      Memories of the previous night warmed Julian from head to toe. He had taken her on a date to celebrate her coronation that took place two days ago. They had sailed a little while and just caught up about their busy life. They talked about what they wanted to do for their wedding, and Julian made it clear that chocolate cake was the preferred cake.

     Scarlett had merely laughed.

      When it got dark and Julian kissed her goodnight, Scarlett spoke one word that had changed the entire night.

      Stay.

      So he did.

      Julian simply took in Scarlett's sleeping face. She looked entirely at peace. Her mouth rested in a mostly flat line, but the edges of her lips turned up ever so slightly. Her brown hair fanned out beneath her but there were a few stray strands that rested stubbornly across her face. Her skin almost seemed to glow in the soft sunlight.

      Scarlett looked like an angel.

      He had never actually seen her asleep, save for the one time she fainted. But then, he hadn't really seen her. Julian was too consumed with worry, wondering if she was even going to wake up to actually admire her.

     And the one time they had shared a bed during Scarlett's first Caraval, Julian had fallen asleep almost directly after Scarlett, and when he woke up, she was already awake. She was terrified of him, thinking he was Legend.

      The memory almost made him laugh.

      Scarlett stirred, and Julian feared he had woken her up with the way his body shook, containing laughter. But she simply turned more on her side and wrapped one leg around Julian's body, arms wrapping around his chest.

      His heart stopped as she hummed contently in her sleep. And when his heart resumed, it beat faster than the speed of light. Her head nuzzled into his chest and Julian actually thought his heart was going to explode from how much pure love had taken over him.

      Not to mention the fact that she was naked. Curled into him. Underneath the same blanket. In her bed.

Julian began to rub small circles on her back. Her skin was unbelievably soft, and Scarlett must have liked it because her back arched into his touch even while sleeping.

       Julian never thought waking up next to a lover could feel this exhilarating. So pure, so heavenly. Anytime he had waken up the morning after having sex, it was awkward. Julian was usually the first one to wake, and he'd quickly get dressed and leave the hotel room before she noticed he was gone.

      But with Scarlett, he wanted nothing more than to stay with her wrapped in his arms, just dozing in bed all day. He knew with her being empress it was impossible, but he could still dream. There was just something so intimate about sleeping next to your lover. When one slept, they were at their most vulnerable point. And both Scarlett and Julian trusted each other with that vulnerability.