Pinky Swear

Setting: Post-Finale

"And we could hide something here." Tella pointed to a temple on the map, suggesting ideas as she and Legend attempted to plan Caraval.

"That is absur... absolutely genius," Legend corrected himself as the gears in his brain began to turn.

"See, we could have people pray a certain way to get the next clue, but in order to find that clue they would have to research it here." Tella's blue painted finger travelled to a different area.

"I don't know why I didn't hire you sooner," Legend murmured in her ear, his voice turning seductive. "Things get done faster and we have time for other things."

Tella giggled as his lips brushed her earlobe, trailing down to her jaw, and finally their lips collided. The butterflies never ceased to leave Tella's stomach.

His hands drifted down to her hips, and he helped Tella onto his lap as her fingers began to trace his tattoos that had begun to become as vivid as day.

"Mommy!" Dalia came rushing in the room, causing Tella and Legend to pull apart unexpectedly.

Tella removed herself from atop of Legend quickly, crouching down so she was her daughter's height. "What's the matter, Lia?"

Small tears squeaked out of Dalia's eyes, trailing down her petite face. "I... I think I did something wrong."

Tella and Legend exchanged a quick glance before Legend crouched down too. "What happened, Dal?"

Tella imagined they both were thinking the same thing, and they had tried their best to prepare for it. Magic was an unexpected thing, something that was usually uncalled for; especially in children.

"I didn't mean to, I swear! I was just trying to pull a prank in the kitchen when- when I... I got caught. And then..." Dalia trailed off, her throat closing and her breaths becoming more shallow and loud.

"We need you to focus, princess." Legend cupped her cheek, pulling her closer to him. "Is it something to do with magic?"

"Take a deep breath, Dalia," Tella instructed. "Everything's going to be okay."

She nodded and began to fidget with the skirt of her dress as she tried to explain. "I didn't want the chef to tell anyone, and the next thing I know it's like I'm in this space-y place that's nightmarish, except the chef was with me too. But the chef couldn't see me, no matter how much I jumped around and waved. And then we were back in the kitchen, and the chef wouldn't stop crying, and I started to cry too."

Tella scooped their seven-year-old daughter into her arms, and the child desperately hugged onto her mother as she stood up. She ran her hand over Dalia's black curls, careful not to make them frizz. Dead Saints only knew how difficult curls could be to tame.

Legend's eyes darkened as they met Tella's. "We need to find someone to talk to about this. If it gets out of hand-"

"We won't let it," Tella cut him off. "I think we should just try spending a lot of time with her, see if it happens again. And if it does, I'd rather it be around us."

Legend dropped his voice bellow a whisper. "I agree. We should take her to La Isla de Los Sūenos."

"I think that's best, we should introduce her to magic so she doesn't feel like she doesn't belong."

❤️🖤🌟🎩🌟❤️🖤

     Fireworks shot into the sky and Dalia looked up in awe. "You're doing that, aren't you, Daddy?"