A Dreamy Nightmare

Setting: Post-Legendary - Pre-Finale

    Julian had said that Legend knew how to treat his guests to Scarlett during her first Caraval (which wasn't a lie), but Legend also knew how to take care of his performers. The hotel he was staying at was a luxurious one, and his room inside was even finer. His arm still stung from getting his tattoo earlier that day, but it was a good kind of pain. A reminder.

Julian readied himself for sleep, the large, fluffy bed in the center of his rented room looking more inviting by the second. He quickly unbuttoned his shirt and tossed it to the floor, flopping on the mattress with a sigh. His mind darted to Scarlett's first night participating in Caraval.

"You can't sleep on that bed," Scarlett protested.

"Why not? It's very comfortable."

"What are you doing?" Scarlett said. "You can't do that."

A pain filled Julian's chest, right where his heart was, and he chased sleep as fast as he could.

🖤❤️🌟🎩🌟❤️🖤

"Hello."

Julian's eyes snapped open at the sound of her voice. "Crimson?"

Julian looked around him, soon realizing he was back on one of the many balconies at Legend's mansion on Isla de Los Suenos. Scarlett pushed the curtains aside and stepped towards him. When Julian seen what she was wearing, he felt as if he should have looked away, but his eyes stayed glued to her.

Scarlett was wearing nothing more than a revealing black corset and a small red petticoat. Her brown hair fell in waves around her, the grey streak left behind from her day of death more prominent then ever. Scarlett strutted closer to him and his eyes raked up and down her body.

Her mouth tilted into a smile as she threw her arms around his neck, and his hands settled on her hips.

"I miss you," she whispered against his lips.

"I miss you too," Julian said back. "But didn't you want to see your count?"

Her smile faded into a frown, and Julian regretted saying anything. "Your the one who kept him from me."

Julian winced, but before he could respond, Scarlett pressed her mouth to his and he made somewhat of a low, throaty sound.

When they broke apart, Scarlett pulled a ticket out of thin air and handed it to him.

"What's this?" Julian asked.

"Read it."

So he did, though he wished he didn't.

Admit One: Julian Santos
To be used once to gain entrance to the wedding of Scarlett Dragna & Count Nicolas d'Arcy

"No..." Julian turned the ticket around in his hands, willing the text to change.

"The count is honest with me. He knows how to treat me right." Scarlett simply shrugged, backing away from him slowly.

"Crimson, please-"

"Admit it, Julian. We were never going to last. You've been away for weeks proving Legend still pulls your strings, and that I will grow old and you will not."

Julian was about to say something back to her when he realized where she was heading. "You're getting awful close to that ledge, Crimson. Why don't we go talk in the forest?"

Scarlett's lip wobbled and Julian's heart cracked. "You lied to me so many times," Scarlett began.

"We can talk this through." Julian took a step towards her. She took a step towards the ledge.

"You broke my heart." Scarlett's voice sounded defeated, a little too much like the way it did when they last fought.

"I'm sorry, Crimson. Just please come towards me. I never wanted to hurt you." Julian shook his head, closing his eyes briefly. "I love you."

Scarlett stopped when she finally reached the ledge of the balcony, and locked eyes with him. "You were the one to push me to the edge. Not Armando, not the count, not Legend; you. This is your fault."

"NO!" Julian screamed, reaching a pathetic arm out to try and bring her back. But it was too late.

Without another word, Scarlett jumped off of the balcony.

A/N
I'm not really sure what this one shot is tbh. I just had a vision and wrote. Sorry for not posting lately, my brother recently got in a car crash and my family has been busy, but I'm planning to post every Wednesday. Prompts are underway!