one year and a spanish song

Request from HowlsBae26 for Julian finding Scarlett a present
This request is so adorable and I love it

Three hundred sixty five days. Fifty two weeks. Twelve months. One year.

      One whole year of being married to the love of his life. Scarlett Marie Santos. Julian never told her, but he loved that Scarlett broke the tradition of empresses keeping their maiden name so she could take Julian's last name instead. A sense of pride always washed over him every time he heard her full name spoken. Scarlett had chosen to marry him. Chosen his last name.

Scarlett had never been vocal about gifts she wanted. Except for saying, "I don't need any physical gifts, your love shall last me forever."

Which, don't get him wrong, was one of the sweetest things ever, but it didn't change the fact that Julian wanted to get his wife an anniversary gift. And it didn't change the fact that she made it that much harder to pick out a gift.

Nonetheless, Julian found the perfect gift that was both sentimental and beautiful, as well as somewhat practical. It was also a bonus that his lie, he was getting fitted for a suit at Minerva's, also got him out of a Royal Court Meeting. Dead saints, how he hated those stupid meetings, but he'd sit through them all for Scarlett.

Julian whistled as he walked into the clock shop, glancing around leisurely. He waited until he seen an elderly man walk behind the sales counter.

"Ah, Mr Santos! Are you here to pick up the pocket watch we've talked about?" Mr Cale asked, fingers smoothing over his curled moustache.

"I am." Julian nodded, and when Mr Cale put his custom watch on the counter, Julian immediately loved it.

He had first seen the scarlet-jewelled watch at an antique shop in the heart of Valenda. Julian bought it and brought it to Mr Cale to polish and fix it up like new, as well as add some engravings and a recorded message inside.

Julian picked it up, flipping it over as he ran his thumb over the engravings.

Crimson, my little liar
My love for you is undying

Julian often called Scarlett his little liar after court meetings when she would put on a performance, giving half truths and sometimes even lying. When she did lie, it was very rare and usually only when it came to the Fates. While after the past two years the Meridian Empire widely embraced Scarlett as their empress, government officials still weren't the most trusting of a Fate's daughter.

His playful banter always lightened her mood.

"Are you happy with the design, Mr Santos?" Mr Cale asked, the desire to please evident in his eyes.

"It's better than I ever could have imagined, thank you for all your hard work." It truly was a stunning piece, the scarlet jewels glittered when the light hit it and the engraving matched Julian's own handwriting.

"It was pleasure doing business with you." Mr Cale smiled warmly, proud of his work and Julian's satisfaction.

When Julian got outside, he opened up the watch so he could listen to his recording. It was a Spanish love song that he often sung to Scarlett at night. Sometimes, when he couldn't sleep, Scarlett would awake as well. She would ask him to sing her a lullaby until they both grew sleepy again, and Julian usually opted for Spanish songs.

Though Scarlett didn't understand most Spanish, she always said she loved each song and the story behind it.

But Crimson, I thought you didn't know Spanish?

I don't. But your voice carries enough emotion to portray a beautiful story, Spanish or not.

Julian felt a large smile spreading across his face as he thought of the old memory, Scarlett tangled into bed with him as she snuggled into his side. Leave it to his wife to find beauty even in things she couldn't understand. She said, sometimes, that's half the beauty of it.

One half of the pocket watch was (obviously) the actual clock. It had a vintage design and was stunning. The other half was painted with a photo of Scarlett and Julian on their wedding day, exchanging their first kiss as husband and wife.

Julian looked up at her palace. Their palace. His thumb rubbed over the watch a final time before he slipped it into the safety of his pocket. He knew Scarlett would love it, and he was dying to give it to her. Julian imagined her face lighting up when she listened to his voice as she often did.

His beautiful, beautiful wife.

A/N
This is rlly short and sweet and I plan on making a part two of Scarlett receiving the watch. I always thought Julian remaking the watch he gave to Scarlett during Caraval to save her was a cute idea.
The song I was thinking he recorded is Dos Oruguitas by Sebastian Yatra, but it's up for interpretation:))