Come Find Me | Joe Liebgott

Joe would never forget the day that Nix and Winters told Easy Company the war was over

Joe would never forget the day that Nix and Winters told Easy Company the war was over. He had run and picked up y/n. Swinging her around and kissing her all over her face. He was excited to take y/n home with him, it's what they'd always talk about.
Going back to San Francisco, Joe getting his job back, then buying a big house, and finally having kids.
When Joe set y/n down she looked him in the eyes sadly.

"Joe I'm staying here, I feel that I need to help rebuild and help the way I can." Y/n had tears streaming down her face. She wasn't ready to leave the war effort yet.

"Okay...y/n now you listen. When you're ready you come find me. Then we can live our dream okay?" Joe asked looking down at the love of his life. He cupped her cheek around her soft skin.

"I promise Joe," she mumbled and they shared a kiss before Joe packed his things and left.

That was two and a half years ago.

Y/N sat on the train to the base to fly out to Frisco'. She held the postcard Joe sent her with his address right after he got home.
He sent them about once a month but y/n never read them. She was scared he had found someone else.
He was probably sick of waiting for her and moved on.
She leaned her head on the window as they passed through cities.

Y/n walked out of the airport ready to flag down a cab. She was ready to meet Joe again.
Her chest tightened as she was scared of what she would find. One stopped for her and she opened the door.

"Where to ma'am?" The man asked.

"1420 ocean view street please," she smiled holding her singular bag in her hand. Her one bag got her through five and a half years of war.
She smiled as they drove over the Golden Gate Bridge. She smiled looking at the view of the ocean, it was beautiful.
She sighed clenching her bag as they got to the neighborhood. He stopped in front of a nice-sized house, y/n took a deep breath in, and got out of the taxi paying the man.
Y/n walked up to the door slowly and knocked on the door. She backed up waiting for the awaited answer.

"Y/n..." slipped through Joe's lips before he swooped you into a hug spinning you around as he backed into his house. "You came! You came!"

"Joe I promised you," she smiled looking up at him as he set her down.

"I've been waiting for you this whole time doll," Joe sniffed as tears welled up in his eyes.

"Joe don't cry," y/n reached her arms up and held Joe's face in her hands.

"I just can't believe you're here!" He shut the door and took her hand walking her to the kitchen.

"I Uh Joe I'm ready to live our dream," she smiled setting her bag on the counter and slipping off her boots.

"You are?" He asked turning around shocked that she would still want to be with him y/n nodded eagerly.
Joe kissed her again their lips connecting once again like puzzle pieces.

"Joe can I please get a coffee it's been a far travel," y/n giggled as she pulled away from him.

"Yes, sorry sorry, now tell me about it if you want!" Joe grabbed his coffee pot and worked on making coffee.

"I Uh helped in Paris and Britain mostly supplying them with food and water. We'd go through the rubble and help rebuild." Y/n explained as she sat at the table across from Joe, "So what have you been up to?"

"Didn't you read my letters?" Joe asked, "It's okay if not I understand how it is over there." He babbled on and on.

"I didn't...I got every single one of them...I was just scared I was going to read one and learn you were with another woman." Y/N sighed, she was disappointed in herself. She should've known better Joe was head over heels for y/n.

"Oh sweetheart," Joe held her hands, "I'm going nowhere, sweetheart."

"I Uh I know Joe but I was just scared you'd realize that you wanted some dainty lady. Not one who fights in the war..." y/n went on.

"Hey hey stop it, I like that you're tough and can hold your own. I like you just the way you are you're perfect." He smiled at y/n.

"Now let's go get you a swimsuit because I want to take you swimming in the ocean." He got up and pointed to the beach that was his backyard.

"It's perfect Joe..." she grabbed her cup of coffee, "Can I at least change first I don't wanna be seen in my OD." She sighed looking at her uniform.

"Sick of wearing it after all these years?" Joe giggled and y/n nodded.

"Yeah, but I also need to get new clothes all I have is my PT uniform and my actual combat uniform." She giggled.

"I mean I can call my sister and see if she can borrow you anything?" He walked over to the rotary phone.

"No Joe it's fine!" She rushed over to him.

"Too late," he brought the phone to his ear.
She crossed her arms and leaned on the wall.

"Hi, Eva?" Joe smiled into the phone, "Yeah y/n is here and she needs to borrow some clothes oh and a swimsuit? She doesn't have anything but her government-issued uniforms."

"You'll bring some clothes? Thank you!" He giggled and hung up.

"Joe," y/n sighed pushing herself off the wall and over to Joe. He giggled and kissed her head.

"You'll like Eva!" Joe giggled and picked up y/n.

"Where are we going!" She squealed.

"Well I need to show you our bed," he smiled and ran up the stairs and tossed you onto the soft mattress.
It was so nice after not being in the states for over 5 years.

"It's so nice Joe," y/n smiled looking up at the man you fell in love with.

"Especially after being overseas," Joe smiled kissing her head. They were right where they both needed to be.