Magical AU | Baberoe

Babe hummed to himself as he walked through the Sunday farmers market. He rubbed at his eyes tiredly. He loved going but it was always too early for him.
Babe sighed and tripped over his own feet and fell to
the ground. He hissed to himself as he picked up his hands and they stung. A little red started to seep through as some gravel remained pressed into his skin.

"Uh sir I can help!" A strange man called from another tent a little way down. Babe sighed and walked over to the black haired man. His skin pale and the tip of his nose pink from the brisk fall air.

"Hi..."Babe sighed holding out his right hand. The small gash seeping of blood.

"Here," the man wiped off Babes hand. Then waved his right hand over it gently. And seemingly the skin was healed.

"Woah how," Babe started. The man just brought his index finger up to his lips.

"Eugene," he smiled holding out his hand.

"Edward but my mom and the nuns only call me that. Everyone else knows me as Babe." The awkward, red head shifted his weight and shook his hand.

"So honey huh?" He motioned to the jars.

"One of my co workers has a small bee farm she does on the side. So I come and sell her honey for her." Gene explained.

"Oh cool," he nodded, "I'll take a jar." Babe grabbed his wallet out of his coat pocket and took out a $10 and handed it to Gene. He grabbed a jar in exchange, "Maybe I'll see you next weekend."

"Hope so," Gene smiled as Babe held the jar and went on his way.

"Bill he was so cute!" Gene smiled as he spread the honey onto toast for him and Frannie to try.

"So Babe finally met a fella, did you ask him on a date?" Bill asked as he took a drink from his bottle.

"You can't just ask out someone like that," Frannie came in and nudged Bills shoulder. She thanked Babe for the toast and took a bite.

"No but I uh, I fell and cut my hand. He said he could help but just waved his hand over mine. Then it was healed I mean look." Babe held out his right palm pointing to where the gash was.

"Now I think you're a hopeless romantic," Bill rolled his eyes.

"No I swear! I swear on my Ma's life Bill!" Babe exasperated.

"Yeah I'll believe it when I see it," he huffed and leaned back in the chair.

Babe would see Gene the following weekend. And he did ask him on a date.
So Gene offered to take him to his flower farm at his Grandmas. She would be out of town for the weekend so it would be just them.

Babe sat awkwardly in the passengers seat of Genes truck. Tapping his fingers gently to the beat of whatever music Gene played.

"So where did you grow up Edward?" Gene glanced over as he turned onto a country road off the highway.

"Here actually, Philly born and raised." Babe nodded with a smile, "you?"

"I grew up in Louisiana but I got into College here so my grandma moved up here with me. It's always just been the two of us anyways." Gene hummed.

"Nice, what do you do?" Babe looked out into the cornfields and pastors animals grazed in.

"I just finished my med residency and I'm an ER Doctor." Gene smiled as they pulled onto another gravel road, "Sorry we're almost there."

"No it's okay, I don't know if I've been this far out of the city in awhile actually. I work at as a newspaper photographer. So it's a lot of breaking news inner city stuff." Babe shrugged and his eyes went wide. They pulled up to a fairly large pretty farm house.

"Yeah it's just my Grandma but," Gene shrugged and parked in the driveway. They both got out and Gene went up to the front door letting out a border collie.

"Promise you're not about to murder me?" Babe chuckled as he watched the large dog run at him.

"Promise, that's Doddy. He's no harm just a big baby." Gene explained as he walked over to where the dog was jumping up on Gene.

"Doddy," Babe giggled and pet the dog.

"Wanna see the garden?" Gene asked pointing towards a large green house. Babe nodded and Doddy followed them over to the green house. Gene unlocked the door and opened it for them.

"Thank you," Babe smiled as he looked around at all the plants. Gene walked over to a small bean plant that was suffering waving his hand over it. Babe watched in awe as it became green and strong-standing again.

"How do you do that?" Babe asked.

"I come from a long family line of healers. When the French came here my ancestors were on the ship. As time went on they helped escaped slaves. Healed them it got passed on. I don't know how it happened but it just does." Gene hummed as he helped dying plants.

"Is that why you're a doctor? To help and heal people?" Babe asked walking behind him.

"Yeah, I just felt like someone with my powers should go on to help people." Gene nodded to himself.

From that day forward Babe and Gene would go out every Friday night together. Always ending the night at Genes house. As Babe lived with his married friend so that would've been awkward.

But Genes powers came in handy because Babe was a total clutz. Always hurting himself one way or another. So it always came in handy.