Creole-Baberoe

Babe and Gene were finally married! Gene had been able to round up enough time off of work to actually have a wedding and go on a little vacation time.

So here Babe and Gene were at Gene's parents house. Gene's parents weren't able to make it to the wedding and Babe had never met Gene's parents and saying he was scared was an understatement.

"Hello, hello!" A short lady with black and gray hair answered the door.

"Ma," Gene smiled and hugged her tight. A taller man coming behind her that looked similar to Gene, same facial structure, same dark dark hair and piercing blue eyes.

"This must be Edward," his dad smiled at the red head.

"Hello, everyone except for Gene calls me Babe so you can call me that if you'd like?" Babe babbled nervously.

"You're all good sweet heart." Gene's mom pulled him into a hug as well.

"I'm Cedric and this is Maud." Gene's father spoke.

"I'm working on dinner if you boys want to go on pack." Maud spoke, clasping her hands together.

"Let me lend a hand in the kitchen Ma," Gene smiled.

"I'll help Babe take your guy's bags up." Gene's dad grabbed Gene's suitcase and Babe's like it was nothing shoking Babe.

"Okay," Gene smiled and kissed Babes cheek and dismissed himself to the kitchen with his mother.

"How do you like Louisiana Babe?" Cedric asked as he walked up the stairs of the house. Babe noticed that everything in their house was a very neutral set of cool colors. The walls were painted a light gray with lots of windows to let in the natural light from the bayou.

"Me and Maud built this place when she was pregnant with Gene. We wanted somewhere nice to raise him in nature. My parent's and her grandparents were first generation immigrants from France, "We wanted Gene to have the best."

"Nice," Babe swallowed nervously as Cedric opened the door to what Babe assumed was Gene's childhood bedroom. Babe could very much tell that they were from France . There was a window seat with pillows on it for sitting.

It screamed Gene, there were bookshelves with med books, and other books.

"So what are your intentions with my son?" Cedric asked looking up from where he had set Gene and Babe's suit cases down.

"What?" Babe looked up confused and almost taken aback by the sudden confrontation.

"You won't hurt Gene. Correct?" Cedric suddenly turned into something scary that Babe was hoping would end.

"No, No of course not I love Gene with everything inside of me." Babe put up his hands in defense.

"Good," Cedric nodded, "Come help me split wood outside."

Babe just nodded and followed Cedric downstairs and out the back. There was a shed and a pile of cut logs, Cedric opened the shed and came out with two axes. Babe took the one Cedric handed to him carefully.

"Ever split wood before, Babe?" He asked pulling a cigarette from his flannel pocket and a lighter.

"No, no sir." the red head shook his head.

"Well you're gonna learn," Cedric grabbed a log and set it on the stump of what Babe assumed was an old tree. He swung the ax and the log split in two. Babe gulped nervously. He wasn't really the muscles of anything, that was Bill. 

Babe did the financing and business part of the bar when they first opened where Bill and Joe did the remodeling.

Cedric moved the split wood into a pile and grabbed another log setting it onto the stump.

"Now Babe you gotta aim towards the center." Cedric spoke and the cigarette bounced between his lips, "You gotta swing and lay it hard." Cedric then demonstrated the swing a few times. Babe did as he had shown him and the log spit just a tad bit.

"Oh," Babe looked down, ashamed of himself.

"It's okay, we'll practice more." Cedric smirked and clapped Babe on the shoulder.

Babe sat next to Gene at the table at the dinner table as Maud took the lids off of the pots for dinner.

"Ma made her shrimp creole, with rice and steamed vegetables." Gene smiled as he began to serve himself.

"Sounds wonderful, I've never had creole before." Babe looked at Gene then to Maud and Cedric.

"Well she makes the best creole in all of Louisiana," Cedric looked over to Maud.

"I'm excited to try it," Babe scooped himself some rice thena scoop of the creole.

"It's a little spicy Babe," Gene winked.

"Yeah, yeah I'll be fine Gene." Babe rolled his eyes and took a fair scooping of the creole on his plate.

Gene watched as Babe ate it and swallowed, then Babe's face turned just as red as his hair. 

"Is it too spicy?" Gene teased as Babe grabbed his hydroflask and started downing water.

Babe nodded and he started letting the tears spill and his nose ran.

"Let's get him some ice cream." Maud smiled and stood up from the table, she grabbed a pint of ice cream out of the freezer and a spoon and handed to Babe.

"He's from south philly give him a break." Cedric looked over at Gene and laughed.