Holiday Break | Webgott

Part four to the 'How to Mess Up With a Soulmate' series.

Thanksgiving break had come upon Joe, David, Genes, and Babes apartment. Gene wasn't a celebrator of the average thanksgiving as his Pagan thanksgiving was in September. But Babe roped him into flying down from Cambridge to Philly to see his family.
While Web practically begged at Joes feet to go to thanksgiving dinner with him at his parents house. They'd moved back up here after Web started at Harvard.

"Please Joe it'll be fine!" David signed as they both dressed for the day.

"I've only met your parents like a total of four times and it was just because we happened to be at your house while they weren't on vacation." Joe stopped folding clothes and sighed.

"Plus if things get too bad we can just come home," David smiled and walked over to their bed placing a kiss on Joes forehead. Joe blushed and wrapped his arms around Webs waist pulling him into the bed next to him.

"I swear if your mom says anything stupid I'm going to actually leave," Joe signed and smiled connecting their hands together. Joe kissed David's knuckles and smiled.

"Oh shit we have green bean casserole in the oven," David jumped up and Joe didn't catch a word but shook his head. He put their clothes away and knew they'd be leaving soon.

Joe groaned and laid his head back as they pulled up the huge driveway of the Webster's house but he'd be lying if he said it wasn't like a mansion.
He dragged his hands over his face and yawned.
David sighed as he parked in the circle drive.

"It's going to be okay, I promise." David signed then held out his pinky. Joe smiled and linked it.

"I'm a little scared but let's get this over with," Joe smiled and opened the door climbing out of David's car. David opened the trunk and Joe grabbed out the casserole and followed David in.
As he stepped into the grand house it smelled of ginger bread. Joe looked around at the high ceilings, white modern decor. Sure it was flashy and cool but he'd rather be at his Ma's house on the ocean eating her turkey.

"Oh David!" His mom came flooding down the hall and hugged him. Joe had to take a step back so the casserole didn't spill.

"Mom this is Joe," David signed and motioned to him before taking the casserole from Joes hands.

"Oh can you tell him it's a pleasure to finally meet," she smiled at David.

"Mom he can read lips," David sighed. Joe waved at her and nodded.

"Okay, well your dads in his office but I'll take casserole of the kitchen so Howard can warm it up." She smiled taking the casserole.

"Wow this is going great," Joe signed and smirked.

"It'll be okay," David smiled and kissed his cheek.

"So who's Howard?" Joe asked as they walked to the living room.

"Our chef," David laughed as he signed. They walked into the living room and sat down David sitting almost on top of Joe.
His mom came back from the kitchen with some photo albums.

"I thought I'd show Joe some of your baby pictures David," she smiled. Joe smirked and nudged David.

"Well I'd love to see those," Joe signed and moved over to the couch next to David's mom. Giggling at the pictures of David in the bathtub.

"Mom," David whined moving over to sit by them.

"These are so good Mrs. Webster!" Joe signed.

"He said he likes them Mom," David sighed, "Oh no not these!"
David tried to grab the photo album from Joe. Joe slapped his hand and laughed as he turned the page and it was David when he did Gymnastics briefly when he was in middle school.