3: Ice Skating-Baberoe

Babe and Eugene arrived at the local ice skating rink. It was outside set up at the lights at the park.
Gene was excited as this was something he did growing up. They had an indoor ice skating rink in the bayou and he used to skate all the time with his mom.

"Genie this is a recipe for disaster," Babe sighed as the lanky boy handed the bored teenager $10 and got them both rental skates.

"It'll be fine I'm here for you and remember..." Gene began.

"You're my personal EMT/Doctor/Nurse/Surgeon." Babe giggled and sat on a bench and pulled his shoes off.

"Maybe not surgeon, but the first three I am." Gene smiled doing the same, "I somehow ended up with the most accident prone Heffron kid."

"That you did," Babe got his skates on and waited for Gene. Gene finished and stood up grabbing Babes hands.

"Have you ever roller bladed before?" Gene asked as he held Babes hands and walked backwards.

"When I was kid me and Bill used to," Babe blushed in embarrassment.

"It's a lot like roller blading okay?" Gene grabbed the side of the wall and stepped on the nice quickly finding his balance, "Okay come on Babe."

Babe took shaky steps onto the ice. His height making him look like a baby giraffe learning to walk. "Okay grab onto the wall," Babe did as Gene told and looked down at his feet.
He was shaky as he took steps forward.
"So when you skate you push off one foot at a time like this," Gene skated ahead in front of him then came back. Babe did as Gene said then fell flat on his ass.
"Oh no," Gene giggled.

"That hurt," Babe laughed as Gene helped him up.

"It takes time," Gene smiled and kept helping Babe as he learned how to ice skate.

Babe had gotten the hang of skating, a little shaky but he knew how to do it now. Him and Gene held hands as they skated around the rink lit by the holiday lights.
Then Babe got cocky and confident.

"I'm gonna skate backwards!" Babe announced letting go of Genes hand and swiveling himself around then fell backwards and hit his head on the ice.

"Ow! Oh my god." Babe crossed his arms as he sat up and grabbed his head.

"Okay okay that's enough for today," Gene frowned and helped Babe up. Gene helped him off the ice and took off his skates for him. They got their shoes on and headed to the car.
"Can you tell me what hurts?" Gene leaned over to the passengers seat to look at Babe.

"My ass," Babe sighed scuffing his red hair.

"Obviously, but does your head hurt?" Gene asked.

"Yeah," Babe nodded.

"Are you confused? Do you know where you are?" Gene asked and Babe nodded gently.

"Okay let's get us home," Gene frowned and started the car. He felt bad, his intentions weren't to hurt Babe it was just to have a good time. To go on a date.

Gene held an ice pack to the back of his head and sat on his bed. Gene came in with some ibuprofen and water. "I'm still sorry Babe." Gene frowned and handed him the ibuprofen and glass.
Babe took them and pushed them down.

"No it's okay I shouldn't of got so confident." Babe smiled and set the glass on the night stand, "But I did have a lot of fun."

"I'm glad," Gene smiled and sat next to Babe on the bed and held his free hand.

"I think you should be about cleared to be able to sleep." Gene checked his watch and nodded.
Babe just turned and kissed Gene on his plump, pink lip.