Mr Loverman | Luztoye

All of Easy knew about Toye and Luz even if they tried their hardest to hide

Although Luz was not very good at hiding things. Most of the men would wake up and see George cuddled into Joe. Whether it was in a bunk or foxhole they were inseparable.

Bastogne took a toll on everyone mentally but no one was prepared for some of those events.

George walked with Joe through the forest trying to find a foxhole.
"So uh how was the hospital?" George looked up at Joe.

"It was terrible Georgie," Joe sighed. There was a blast and Lip started yelling to take cover. Skip pulled George into his foxhole and Joe went off running to find cover.
George scrunched up as he needed his boyfriend right now. Needed to know he was okay after he got shot in the arm.
The shelling stopped and George laid in a foxhole as Joe laid on the ground covered in his blood.

Lip climbed out of his foxhole and went looking for men. "He's okay Luz probably made it to someone else's foxhole." Skip sighed looking at the brunette.

"Yeah, Toyes my tough man." George laughed nervously. Then watched Bull get up and wander off into the woods looking for something.
Lip got back in his hole then Dike walked over.

"First sergeant Lipton? You organize the line here and I'll go get...help." Dike then ran into the woods.

"What the fuck!" George yelled but quickly took cover as the shelling started. He ducked back in and he was so concerned for Joe. Was he dead? Was he in a foxhole?
George watched the red and orange exploding all over the sky. He watched trees fall and he shook to the core. Once it stopped he looked around and jumped out besides lots of protesting.
He needed to find Joe.
That's where he saw it... his boyfriend laying on the ground with his leg severed and Bill next to him with his leg torn up.

"Medic!" George yelled and dropped to Joe's side, "Hey hey! Baby wake up!"
George gently tapped on his face that's covered in blood and mud.
Joe opened his eyes as George pressed some bandages to his bleeding severed limb.

"Oh my god Georgie," Joe cringed. Roe ran over and inspected the damage quickly before giving George clean bandages.

"Give him some morphine," he handed George the tube.

"Okay," George nodded. Carwood ran over and helped Joe sit up and get Guarnere propped against a tree.

"It hurts so much Georgie," Joe cried out looking at his small boyfriend.

"Joe baby don't look at it okay keep your eyes on me or Lip. He wrapped the bandages tight around Joe's leg.

"Guarnere going first," Roe motioned over to the man sitting against the tree.

"I told ya, Joe, I'd beat ya back to the states," Guarnere mumbled from the stretcher. They quickly brought another one for Joe.

"Georgie am I going to see you again?" Joe asked looking up at him.

"For sure. I'll find you, but I don't know when we'll see each other again. George helped them move Joe onto the stretcher, "Until then this is the best I can do."
George pressed his chapped lips to Joe's quickly before they hauled him off.
George and Joe wouldn't see each other again for almost a year.
Although Joe sent George letters frequently. For George, it was only ever three letters because he never had time. But he hoped he wouldn't go back to the states to learn Joe had found someone else.

      George leaned on the edge of the boat as they arrived in New York City.

"What's your plan, Luz?" Perco asked.

"Going to go find my bitter half," George sighed and removed his cigarette from his mouth, and let out the smoke.

"I'm just glad to be home, don't forget to write Luz." Perco smiled and nudged his sigh as the boys exited the boat with their bags. George didn't expect anyone special to be waiting for him at the port.
He arranged with his mama he'd get a train ticket home to Philly.

As he moved through the crowd of people he stopped dead in his tracks. He saw Joe.
He was relying on crutches. He had his dress uniform on with his right pant leg pinned up.

George ran over to Joe and hugged him carefully not to tip him over.

"I told you, Georgie." Joe smiled as they pulled away.

"I told you first," George smiled wide and tangled their hands together.

"Maybe not here doll." Joe pulled his hands from George's and rested them on the arms of his crutches.

"Sorry," George frowned and looked down.

"Well come on Luz we gotta train to catch to Philly." Joe smiled and nudged George with his crutch.

"You're coming with?" He looked up as Joe led him towards the train.

"Of course Georgie you're going to have to try a lot harder to get rid of me." Joe winked and glanced at the love of his life.