Cardigan-Webgott

C/W: SH and transphobia.

David curled further in on himself

David curled further in on himself. He just felt like a failure in everyone's eyes. Why couldn't he just be his parents pretty daughter they always wanted.
Why did he have to inconvenience them with his head feeling this way and his body being that way.

If he had to be called Daphne one more time he'd swear he would rip off his own ears.
So Web did what he did best when he felt like this.
Felt like everyone hated him, felt like he wasn't good enough, felt he didn't pass enough as a boy.

He reached into his bedside table and grabbed his lighter he kept there for one purpose only.
He pulled up his hoodie sleeves and lit the lighter.
Running the hot flame across his wrist to punish himself for being this way.

"Daphne this is not acceptable!" His father hit the table, "You should not be failing physics."

"I'm sorry...I'm having issues in the class and." Web began trying to defend himself.

"Always the excuses with you." His father berated him.
He looked down as he felt tears welling up in his eyes.

"I thought boys didn't cry, Daphne." His father rubbed the salt into the wound. Web felt his breathe catch in his throat as he stood up from the table and made a run for the large staircase.

Web let out a small yelp as he hadn't even realized how long he had been holding the flame against himself and dropped the lighter as it clicked off and hit his mattress.
He stared at his phone that laid next to him a series of texts from Lieb flooding in. He knew he was supposed to come over but yet he couldn't pull himself out of his bed. He didn't wanna bother Joe either with his problems.

He had his own issues and he certainly didn't need Web unloading onto him.
He hated that he was this way, he should be happy he had everything he could ask for. More money than he knew what to do with. In everyone else's eyes he lived a perfect life.

Then the tears started pricking his eyes again and he let out a small sob. He pulled his covers up to his neck and pulled the sleeves back down and pressed his hand to the wrist he had burned.
He deserved every inch of pain he felt.
He closed his eyes as the tears wouldn't stop falling from them.

He laid like that for what felt like hours till there was a familiar knock on his window. He sat up and saw Lieb knelt on the roof outside of his window.
Web smiled sadly rubbing the tears away as he unlocked his window and slid it open for him to come in.

Lieb didn't need to ask any questions or say anything to understand how Web was feeling.
"Oh liebling." Joe wrapped his arms around the shorter boy with the golden curls.
He couldn't resist it anymore and cried into his chest. Joe laying them on his bed and Web curling into his chest and balling his fist into Joes shirt.

"I'm sorry," Web cried quietly.

"Don't be sorry," Joes voice took a gentler tone. Many didn't see this side of him, Web was lucky enough to. The gentle side of his coin, the soothing quiet voice. The tight embraces and soft kisses.

"I hurt myself again," Web sniffed looking up into the deep brown eyes looking down at him. He was embarrassed he had worked so hard to get clean from self harming and just like that he had fucked it up again.
Joe too had been through it, his freshman year was the hardest year of his life. He too was no stranger to making empty promises to not do it again and finding himself turning back to the blade.

"It's okay," he gently took Webs hands peppering kisses all over them, "It happens and we make mistakes."

Web just kind of nodded and laid his head back down against the pillow. "Just hold me."

"Wouldn't ever dream of letting you go." Lieb kissed Webs temple as they went back to their comforting.