Untitled | Webgott

"You're starting this again?" Web shoved Lieb off of him gently. Web had waited till the last moment to finalize his book report and he was having a hard time with it.

Everyone said Web had a way with words. How to put them down and make them sound so beautiful.
Even if it was just a piece of white paper with black pen ink on it. Web could make it beautiful with his words.

So, why this book report essay wasn't coming to him, was frustrating. He had written 100's of these before. Knew what to say, what not to say, how to format perfectly.

"What," Lieb sat back as he fell back onto his bed.

"What? We've talked about this before." Web shut his laptop, tossing it onto the end of Joe's bed and sitting to face Lieb.

"Jesus fuck, David." Joe rolled his eyes looking at the wall.

"Fucking hell," Web shook his head, "How you can't just expect me to want to have sex with you all the time. I need to focus on this paper and you've been trying to get in my pants all night."

"No I haven't." Joe shook his head.

"Can you just take me home?" Web said calmly, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath.

"Whatever," Lieb sighed, getting off of his bed.
Web grabbed his shoes from next to his backpack and pulled them on. He didn't like being around Joe when they argued. Because he was the person who couldn't let things go till he could get to a point that they were fixed. That or he'd hold a grudge till the day he died.

Web liked to just be by himself when he was mad. He could think more rationally if he stepped away. More of a 'let's talk when we both have calmed down and come to our senses.' But he didn't have a choice, his dad had taken away his car because his grades were slipping. Then god forbid he has more than one B at a time. So, Lieb was his ride everywhere.

Web went downstairs after he got his shoes on and his bag.
"Heading out?" Dick over from the living room.

"Yeah I have a big test tomorrow and I want to be well rested." Web lied offering a small smile. He could never disrespect Dick and Lew, they were always so good to him.

"Well, goodluck." Dick smiled.

"I'm gonna take Web home, I'll be home before dad is done making dinner." Lieb shrugged on his leather jacket, "I'll be home before Dad is done making dinner."

"Okay, drive safe." Dick said, waving to the two as they walked out the front door.
Web could tell by the heavy steps Joe was taking he was still upset and was going to stay that way.

David got into the passenger's seat of Liebs clunky, old car. The car had held so many memories. It had belonged to his Bubbe before she passed and she had gifted it to him on his 16th birthday. Him and Web had shared many intimate moments in the car. Lots of ones with raw emotions and fighting words.

Web took in the familiar scent of weed and black ice air freshener as Joe put on a random playlist and shuffled it. There was a silence between them that Web wasn't even sure if he considered awkward. It wasn't awkward, it was the tension.

It was that feeling in your chest that hurts and it feels like there's an invisible string pulled tight between you and the other person's chest.

He rested his head back on the headrest and watched the houses as they passed them. The tension was thickening and Web was glancing over at Joe.

He was beginning to worry a bit, sometimes Joe had a hard time managing his emotions. He'd get pent up and explode or break down crying.
Yeah, he was still mad at Joe but he still cared about him.

Web watched as they drove past the Walmart and then drove into the tucked away area. Large houses, each of them different in some way. He hated everyone who lived in the neighborhood, they were all so flashy and judgmental.

Around the same familiar bend, the last house on the street. A larger one than around it, pulling into the long bricked driveway.

"Can we talk first?" Web broke the silence between the two. He looked down at his hands, his palms sweaty from nerves.

"Yeah?" Lieb shrugged, pausing his music and looking over at Web.
Web couldn't bring himself to meet Liebs gaze but he could feel it.

"I'm not mad at you okay? I know how you get and I don't want you thinking that I'm mad. I just need a little bit of space tonight to work on my essay." Web had thought about what he was going to say the whole ride home.

"I know, I was thinking about it and I'm sorry." Lieb let out a sigh. Web was a little confused, usually Joe would rather die on a hill than admit he was wrong.

"I just don't want you to be upset because it makes me sad when you're sad. I just need to focus. Thanks for the ride, I'll take the bus in the morning." Web looked up looking into those big, beautiful, brown eyes.

"I'll be okay, Web. Just text me tomorrow when you're ready to talk." Lieb nodded and Web hugged him like he always did when he got dropped off somewhere.

"I love you," Web murmured as he pulled out of the hug and pressed his lips into Liebs. He loved the feeling of Liebs slightly always chapped lips on his soft lip glossed ones.

Lieb pulled away gently, "Love you too."
Web smiled at him and grabbed his bag waving to him as he shut the door and ran up the steps of the deck and put his keys in the door going in.
Then Lieb put the car in reverse and returned to his respected area.