Camp Toccoa | Speirton

The summer camp that made the best of friends

The summer camp that made the best of friends. Or as Ron knew it, something scary because it meant meeting new people.
His parents dropped him off and he walked in and got in line to sign in.
There was a group of boys greeting each other and Ron couldn't help but be jealous. He'd always been a loner and he didn't mean to. But he couldn't find a way to put his words together. He'd rather just be alone in his room reading about history.

"Hey! What're you staring at!" A tall, skinny boy yelled at him. He had on black jean shorts and a grey Doja Cat shirt.

"Joe stop it," a short boy in a tennis skirt pulled on his arm.

"Oh sorry," Ron looked down and chewed on his lip. He mentally cursed at himself for staring at them.

"Oh don't be sorry, Joe just has a short temper." A short, blonde man walked over. The short boy had a scar running over his cheek.

"Yeah but staring is rude and I get it, but." Ron rambled.

"Sh, just come over here and meet my friends." Carwood smiled and took Ron by the wrist and ushered him over to the boys in line.
Ron looked over them all and most were short except for a taller boy with super short black hair.
"This is Joe Liebgott, his bark is a lot nicer than his bite." Carwood motioned to the skinny boy who yelled at him.

"This is my boyfriend David," Joe pulled the fem boy into him and kissed the top of his head, "Don't get any funny ideas."

"Sorry about him but as he said, David," He shook Ron's hand and offered a smile.

"That's the other Joe, Joe Toye. Don't let his appearance scare you he's really nice." Carwood smiled, "Oh yeah and I'm Carwood by the way!"

"Ron, Ron Speirs." He nodded and they got to their turn in line. Ron faltered with the pen as he signed up and found out he was in a cabin with the boys he just met.

"Has anyone seen Babe? Babe said Gene would be with him this year." Carwood led everybody up towards camp. Then a short boy with brown floppy hair came storming out of the office and over to Toye.

"What's up pumpkin," Joe smiled and looked at the firey boy.

"They won't let me bunk with you guys because I'm biologically a girl." George rolled his eyes.

"This is George, George this is Ron our friend." Carwood motioned to the tall dark-haired boy.

"George, formally Gianna if you follow my popular cooking account on Instagram." George smiled and leaned back into Joe.

"Okay, I'll lead us to Easy cabin. Oh and I'm your guy's counselor this year!" Carwood smiled a toothy smile at all of his friends and clasped his hands together.

"Shit sorry guys!" A tall redhead ran over to them followed by another black-haired boy, "Genes mom woke up late."
"Oh, who's this?" Babe motioned to Speirs.