Chapter 13: Date Night

Brooklyn, New York

"I can't do this shit b

"I can't do this shit b." I groaned out of frustration tossing the book elsewhere.

These past couple of weeks has been nothing but chalk and cheese. I was working overtime and try to please Nicki too.

Dating sometimes complicated my work schedule yet I still tried to manage things. Onika wanted to be wine and dine .. at arm length.

No kissing. No sex.Hell! I was lucky if I could even squeeze in a booty rub. Nicki was limiting herself again and that drove me nuts.

"Aye! You out of almond milk moe." Shawn called out, nearing the couches.

"I'll send Vern to grab some later-"

He quickly snatched sum books off the couch and scanned through them. I rolled my eyes, trying to grab them but it too late.

"Love rules? Dating for dummies? Boundaries for dating– huh g?" He furrowed his eyebrows before bursting in laughter.

"Hand it over g."

"You deadass b? Reading books on how to get laid like– son you bugging out." He laughed.

"I'm telling ya, homegirl was picking her fruit out the other night." Dave chimed in, slumping on the couch across from me.

"Both of y'all can suck my dick."

They belted in laughter. "What you reading books for anyway kid?"

"I got a date." I replied.

I cleared my schedule for tonight in order to mend things once and for all. Fully. Onika had me on my toes as of lately.

She wasn't going to keep giving me chances after chances and made that clear. Everyday. I brought that on myself so I was fixing it.

I miss being with my baby. 24/7.

"Queen going on a date? That's still in style?"

"B probs gonna thru menopause." Dave chuckled, rolling up another joint.

I held his gaze for a moment before throwing one of my books at his forehead. Luckily, the dumbass bastard moved away in time.

"Ha-ha too slow-"

I chucked another one at his neck and succeeded this time around. He began coughing, gasping for air, and dropping his blunt.