Chapter 50: Not A Day Goes By

Few weeks later

"Come on. Come on. Hustle! Hustle!"

"Yo Khalil!" Bey shouted. "Stay on him! Don't let him loose."

They were sprinting across the grassland, throwing the ball everywhere. What started off to be a friendly little football game at the park, qtook a drastic turn.

Bets were made.

Green was everywhere. It was peaceful and calming at the ritzy park way up near the mountains. Barely any polluting or signs of horrific violence.

The girls and I made a nice pallet underneath a tree, observing amateur football players run back n forth across the field. Though Bey's team had the upper hand, the score was neck-to-neck.

Near the right end of the park, across from the grassland, was a spacious playground for kids to play. I kept my eyes over there more often than the game.

Mya was playing with her friends and their moms didn't mind keeping a eye on her either. The park had somewhat security but I didn't want her to be alone for awhile. People can be weird.

"Yeah! That's right!"

"Nigga shut up and watch this."

"I ain't saying nothing– ooh fumble! Fumble! Haha!"

Khalil recovered the ball from the opposite team and sprinted down the field to touchdown area. Shawn let out harsh sigh as Bey went on cheering for her squad.

30-24. Game.

Ye smacked his lips. "Man that's some bullsh–"

"Kanye. Did I need to grab a bar of soap?" Tina threatened.

"No ma'am."

"Man double or nothing!" Shawn shouted.

"Hold on B. Whoo." Bey said, breathlessly while fanning herself with her shirt. She bent over, trying to gather her thought and catch her breath. "Aight. Gimme a ... break."

"Tired already grandma?"

"Nigga fu– shut up big bertha."

My eyes lingered ahead watching as she jogged over to the washbowl on the grassland. Love always flood my chest every time I looked at her.

She wore a white tee covered by a medium-washed demin fur jacket and ripped fitted jeans. A nice pair of custom air jordan covered her feet enhancing her simple fit.

Her rich blonde hair was neatly twisted in braids which made her soft brown eyes popped out. I expected her to wear jewelry like any other given time but today wasn't it.

I matched her fly by wearing a simple white camri crop top and skirt set with Christian Louboutin slide sandals. I brought my demin jacket just in case it got cold.

When I tell you this psycho almost flipped out when she saw a pair of ripped demin shorts on our bed. I'd admit the shorts do have a lot of cuts but were so cute.

Yet I settled for something else after coming to terms that my initial fit didn't quite look up to part. Of course pyscho wanted to believe her luh 'voice' did something.