Chapter 53: Patiently Waiting

Two weeks later.

"Please. One at a time."

"Ya honor this woman has been poisoning plenty communities over the last decade with drugs and–"

"The counsel has no evidence to support that accusation or other ridiculous allegations of that caliber. But we do have lot of documentation evincing the extreme use of force my client has suffered at the hands of your fellow deputy."

Lindsey scoffed. "Wow. Ya honor the defendant has a history of violence without any signs of empathy or changed behavior. Diamond Brown is a prime example."

"Those are simply despicable allegations without any reason or strong cause to backup those claims ya honor. My beloved client is a great poineer in town who has funded and given back to many communities. This is nothing but a flawed scheme that deputy is trying to pull in attempt to cover many charges of harassment and unjustified cruelty against a fellow successful black woman." Judith argued.

"Bullshit."

"Counselor!" Judge Lawrence exclaimed.

"Forgive me ya honor." Lindsey muttered.

I sat in a uncomfortable firm chair, slightly amused by the silly tantrums Lindsey was throwing. Although the expression written on my face was neutral, my mind rested elsewhere.

Someone could use a laugh.

Family was something I have grown accustomed to and didn't want it to be taken away. This was the second bail hearing and I was betting on luck for it to be the last.

"I think we all heard enough." He said sternly.

A few people in the courthouse snickered.

"Will the defendant please stand."

I slowly stood up, straightening my blazer and looked ahead of me. Lawrence cleared his throat and began skimming through the papers in front of him.

"Ms. Knowles you are currently being held captivated at Hallow Bay correctional facility based on the charges brought againstnyou including but not limited to domestic assualt assualt with a deadly weapon, passive resistance, and drug possession. Are you aware of these charges?"

"Yes."

"Hm. It states that you have orchestrated many fundraisers and donated to thousands of charities including the Girls and Boys Club. Despite your several visits to the Juvenile detention center, You've grown to be a honest upstanding woman am I to believe any different ma'am?"