Chapter 29: Girlfight

- 7:08am

-
7:08am

Morning awaken and I went out for a jog while everybody else slept in. I needed to clear my mind and relax my nerve before self-destructing.

That mess Harold pulled last night had me reconsidering a lot of things. He made millions but his poor choices were very indecisive.

To add insult to inury, Shawn was being too weird and out of balance yesterday. Then to hear that this nigga was harassing my girl, didn't sit well with me.

My woman should not be anyone's concerns but mine so people were getting checked today. That shit might could fly with the others but not me.

When I returned home, everybody was still asleep except Onika. She was lying in our bed, watching tv and scrolling through Instagram.

"Goodmorning."

"Morning." I said hoarsely.

"You're up early this morning." She smiled.

"Yeah um- I went out for a run. I brought you breakfast."

I handed her bag from the local restaurant that we grown to love while on vacation. Her container consists of bacon grits eggs and french toast. I decided to go with a homely appetite and settled for a croissant.

I sat at the edge of the bed, massaging her feet, and stared ahead. Nicki didn't waste no time digging into her food and sipping on her orange juice.

"You know babe I was thinking maybe we should test out that yacht outside. We been in Miami for a week and still haven't went boat riding."

"Sure thing." I responded dryly.

"Yes! Ooh then maybe we can throw a nice gathering like good food and music!" She exclaimed.

"Y'up."

"Mm-hm. I haven't went swimming in awhile and I'm sure the gyals would love it. The guys too."

"Depends who you referring to." I murmured.

"Okay, what's really going on with you?" She asked.

"Nothing."

She let out a chuckle and crawled up behind me, running her fingers through my hair. She kissed my neck and held me in comfort.

"What's on your mind?"

I bitterly chuckled. "I'm thinking of many way of breaking Shawn's face for disrespecting you."